Baby Shower Halloween Themed

Decorating By JLG Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 2:10am by JLG

JLG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JLG Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 12

My neighbor is throwing a Halloween Themed come in costume baby shower for our other neighbor. She is looking for a cake. Initially, she found a 'brain' cake made of fondant that she was looking at having me make, but personally, I'm not a fan of the taste of Fondant, so I didn't want to have the entire cake fondant.

She's open to other cake ideas, anyone have any suggestions for a Baby Shower Cake with a Halloween Theme?

Cutsie or Gorey as I'm not sure which direction she's going in yet.

Thanks
Janet

11 replies
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 12

Are you good with fondant figures? Maybe make little pumpkins with babies peeking out of the top to go on the cake itself. Kind of what you would expect from Anne Geddes. Here's one I found...
http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/67034120/13940066

HTH
Teresa

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 12

yes, babies in pumpkins is what popped in my head also.

Or babies sitting/crawling in a pumpkin patch?

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 12

It would be nice to know if they want gorey or cute. For cute you could do a graveyard with baby witches and ghosts and the writing on the tombstones could be relevant to the new mother. You could do a haunted old woman who lived in a shoe- make the shoe look like a haunted house with little kids in costumes peeking out.

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 12

if you are able to do figures then maybe my Baby Witch with a pumpkin can give you some inspiration.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1264489

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 12

Since she suggested a brain cake, she is probably not going to want anything very cutsie. However, I LOVE this cutesie cake and thought maybe you would too.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=76715

Maybe you could check out the Halloween gallery on here.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 12

Last year I made a pumpkin/cradle cake from 2 bundt cakes... pictures are in my photos here. Everyone really loved it!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:21am
post #8 of 12

I do like the saying:

Welcome Little Pumpkin for the cake.

I was thinking of little costumed babies, Peas in a pod, head, arms and legs in a pumpkin costume with a little orange pumpkin cap with a stem and maybe a baby ghost.

Good luck it should be fun to do.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:31am
post #9 of 12

I like the idea of babies in costumes. I love this little figure by aine2:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1261651.html

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:40am
post #10 of 12

That's exactly what I was picturing. Its so cute you can just make one for your cake.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 12

Since a lot of baby showers are baby animals - this one would be cutsie baby monsters. Or even the baby versions of vampires/mummies/wolfman/ghosts/etc. I guess they have cute babies too? icon_smile.gif

JLG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JLG Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #12 of 12

Thank you for all your great ideas. Unfortunately, I'm not good at figures - so I don't think I could do the baby in fondant. However, maybe I can use a baby doll figurine for that.

They said that cutsie would be good because they have some other gorey things happening, which is good on my side!

I saw their invites and it has a pumpkin with a baby on it - so I think maybe the pumpkin with a baby popping out of it might be cute. Now, has anyone seen a baby figurine that might work? Or, if anyone has any step by step directions on how to make a baby figure, I could give that a try.

I'm still open to anything - Thanks again ! That's what I love about this site - everyone pitches in!

Janet

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%