Peanut Butter Icing On Groom's Cake

Decorating By lb_cake Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm by Dawncurby

lb_cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a groom's cake for next Saturday, and the groom has requested all peanut butter icing (it will be covered with fondant).

I have a great peanut butter icing recipe, but has anyone ever done a big cake with PB icing? I'm afraid it won't be moist enough, and I have nightmares of people making faces...you know that face people make when there's peanut butter stuck to the roof of their mouth?? LOL. I will be at the wedding and I work with many attendees, sooo...that would be bad!

I thought about making it a PB&J cake, alternating layers with a jelly-based filling to cut the PB but he said NO. Also, I can't soak the cake too much...the other challenge is that it's going to be carved into the shape of a football stadium, so needs to be very sturdy.

Advice???
Thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
jab Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 4

Sounds yummy. Is your PB icing dry? I would make sure that it was a little thinner than normal and it should be ok. If it is ok on a normal cake, it should work ok under fondant. Good luck. Post your picture when done.

KHalstead Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 4

I make peanut butter icing by adding peanut butter to my already made buttercream icing and it tastes awesome and it's just as creamy and moist as my regular buttercream.

Dawncurby Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 4

For my peanut butter icing I use my standered bc recipe and replace the butter with peanutbutter and then use milk to get the thickness that I want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%