We Had A Cookie Decorating Party! Fall Leaves

Baking By roosterroses Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 3:38pm by Joanne914

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 10

A couple of friends and I got together to decorate fall leaves and acorns cookies.... we had lots of fun! I love the way they turned out - they were a hit!

I put pics of them in my photos if you would like to see them. icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 10

Wow, beautiful job on the cookies. They look like artwork.

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 10

WOW! I'm speechless!

Cookies are not very big over here (metaphorically speaking) and I am constantly gobsmacked at the effort and creativity that you guys put into them - there is a real need over here for some cookie education! The only ones you ever see are choc chip imposters or worse the well known brand of giant unappetising lookning things that are covered in smarties. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Would you be so kind as to start some UK cookie education and enlighten me as to how you created these as my magic wand is currently broken! icon_cry.gif

Seriously, hats off to ya! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

roosterroses Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #5 of 10

AnneMarie... do you have a sugar cookie recipe that you can roll out and cut nicely?

Also, I am updating the link to a pic of the cookies:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1264830

The pic with cc'ers nice comments got deleted - I had two pics of different cookies, but I guess the mods thought they were too close alike and got rid of one of them (no duplicates)... I wish they didn't get rid of the one with comments, though....

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:12pm
post #6 of 10

I have a few 'biscuit' recipes but nothing that sets the world alight. I've looked on the recipe section here but to be honest there are so many to chose from that i don't know where to start. icon_sad.gif
Do you have a favourite recipe that you use?
Thanks

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 10

Those are darling cookies!! Did you use glace icing or royal?

roosterroses Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 10

I do have a favorite recipe... will post later as I am on my way out the door...

I used RI with piping gel added, outlined then thinned down as you would color flow for the decorating....

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 10

Anne Marie,

If you go to the recipe section and look for the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe
(NFSC for short) you will find the BEST sugar cookie recipe for decorating cookies with! They are true to the name..No Fail every time! Basic ingredients, it does not spread when baking (remember to chill your cut outs in freezer or frig. for about 10 minutes before you bake) Best of Luck. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 10

Anne Marie...even easier...here's the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cak.....okies.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%