Wedding Cake Request - White Cake With Raspberry Swirls

Decorating By Moondog4042 Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm by kakeladi

Moondog4042 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondog4042 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 3

I have a request for a white wedding cake with raspberry fruit filling swirled throughout the white cake layers.

I cannot find anything on this anywhere on the web/websites. Do you have any advise, tips, comments before I make a practice cake and see if it can be done or how well it works.

I am thinking the filling will be too heavy and fall to bottom or spread out in cake and look (Not So Pretty Swirled).

Thanks for any help you can provide before my test cake.

wedding is September 27th..so I have a couple of weeks to figure it out or do something else.

Thanks, skc

2 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 3

To swirl in real fruit (which would be heavy, yes) I mix it with some of the cake batter and then swirl it in. It is lighter than if the fruit filling was left alone, but if I use just the filling it tends to either raise to the top or sink, not stay in the pretty swirled pattern. You can even add a little food color to keep it darker.

It might be worth trying just the filling if you are using a thinner, lighter mix/seedless etc. Just do very thin swirls, not big thick ones and it may work fine.

Worth experimenting on! I know at work we have one mixed fruit filling that we actually mix with just a couple teaspoons of gelatin or jello just before swirling in, and that also works pretty well, but the filling is quite thin.

Sounds tasty!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 3

No problem swirling fruit filling thru the cake batter. It will not sink to the bottomicon_smile.gif
Use a good brand of fruit spread....smucker's or polemar(sp? - and no I'm not saying polymer). OR even the sleeved filling you can get from the cake supply shop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%