Quick Stacking Question-Doing Cake Right Now!

Decorating By kandu001 Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm by Michelle104

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone! I was wondering if I need to wrap the cake circles with foil if they are on the top/middle tiers? Or do I just use the cake circles by themselves? I'm stacking right now, for a cake due today, and any help is sooooo greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 5

I used to wrap my boards everytime that went in the middle but I stopped doing that just b/c it was kind of a pain. It's been fine without since. Good luck!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much! You've saved me!!!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 5

If I stack right on top of BC, I just cut out a circle of parchment or wax paper the size of the board and place that under the board between the tiers. It just keeps the bottom of the board clean so when you disassamble to cut the cake, there's less chance of having BC stuck to the bottom of the board and it's cleaner. HTH

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

If I stack right on top of BC, I just cut out a circle of parchment or wax paper the size of the board and place that under the board between the tiers. It just keeps the bottom of the board clean so when you disassamble to cut the cake, there's less chance of having BC stuck to the bottom of the board and it's cleaner. HTH

That's a GREAT idea! It makes sense and if I would just sit down and do a bunch of different size circles then when it's time to assemble it would go even faster!! Thanks for the idea!! thumbs_up.gif Definitely gonna try that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%