Help In Making Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By aileenlnbh Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 10:14am by aileenlnbh

aileenlnbh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aileenlnbh Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 4

help please!!! im desperate to make chocolate fondant but cant source cocoa butter anywhere!!! I wondered if i could make mmf and then when its liquid, flavour it with chocolate oil and put brown paste colour in??? does this should sensible or has anyone got a recipe without cocoa butter as its brown chocolate tasting fondant i want. TIA

3 replies
absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 4

This recipe for True Black MMF is chocolate MMF and I've found it to be fairly simple to make. I just leave out the black food coloring...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6971-True-Black-MMF.html

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 4

I just use chocolate marshmallows. No coloring or flavoring needed. It turns out great!

aileenlnbh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aileenlnbh Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:14am
post #4 of 4

im in the uk and havent EVER seen chocolate marshmallows as that would be so cool and easy!!! However last night i made mmf and had it flavoured and coloured and it tasty yummy..... Out of interest, Ive now found a site in the UK that sells the mallow fluff (both in vanilla, strawberry and raspberry flavours) - has anyone ever made mmf out of the berry flavours as im keen to try and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to add some colouring too? thanks for all the replies in advance guys

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%