Where To Buy Frosting Sheets???

Decorating By jayla Updated 20 Jan 2014 , 2:16pm by S-Noel

jayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayla Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:56am
post #1 of 19

Where is the best and cheapest place to buy frosting sheets? I have bought some from KopyKake. The only thing with KopyKake is that you have to use their products in order to use the Decorator program. Are there any free programs out there? I am new to this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

jayla[/u]

18 replies
CrazyCakes13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCakes13 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:28am
post #2 of 19

I don't even know what frosting sheets are. Can you explain?

Thanks!

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:50am
post #3 of 19

I have no idea, but maybe your local grocery's bakery would sell you some if you don't use a high enough quantity to warrant ordering and paying shipping?

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:52am
post #4 of 19

I have no idea, but maybe your local grocery's bakery would sell you some if you don't use a high enough quantity to warrant ordering and paying shipping?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 19

There is tastyphotoart.com
But I dont care for them as well.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 19

My local cake supply shop carries frosting sheets. Check the yellow pages under bakery supplies or cake supplies. There are also a few listed on ebay from time to time.

AngelicCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelicCake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 19

What are frosting sheets?

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:22pm
post #8 of 19

frosting sheets are like a thin layer of rolled buttercream that have a paper like back on them and you print on them with an Edible Image printer, remove the backing and then lay that Image on your iced cake !

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm
post #9 of 19

I have several cakes done with the icing sheets if you want to look through my photos .

cserr4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserr4 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:27pm
post #10 of 19

Can anyone tell me how to put frosting sheets on fondant? Any ideas on how to make a newspaper cake a little more colorful? Maybe an accent on the board or something else??

dl_stump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl_stump Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 12:50pm
post #11 of 19

You can purchase frosting sheets at a number of places. Just put frosting sheets in google and a ton of places pop up. 

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 2:30am
post #12 of 19

Icing Sheets can be put on fondant any many different ways. The Icing Sheet just needs moisture to adhere. So you can dampen it with water and it will stick right on. Always apply your image center first smoothing as you move towards the edges. Be careful NOT to get the image wet. You can also use piping gel, crisco and vodka.  Crisco allows your image to be manipulated while still on the frosting, but it does not merge in, it just lays on top. We do sell icing sheets, we sell two different brands. Our Premium icing Sheet which is the most popular and it works with our free online printing program, iPrint. We also sell Lucks, I hope this helps!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 7:27pm
post #13 of 19

Also, Icing Images has so much more variety and support to offer than KopyKake.  I used KopyKake for years but even their software program is limited.  Pros and cons for both but I suggest you play with both and determine which suits your needs.

I offer the printing for the bakers in my area, so I print alot of sheets weekly.  I use both programs.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:29pm
post #14 of 19

I find Icing Images frosting sheets to be the best.  And their customer service is fantastic!

dl_stump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl_stump Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 5:29pm
post #15 of 19

I now only buy from Icing Images. I've been very please with their products. 

icingimages Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 9:59pm
post #16 of 19

Thanks everyone for you kind words! We are launching a lot of new products in August for ICES, if you liked what we had before...just wait!

Tasty FotoArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tasty FotoArt Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 9:58pm
post #17 of 19

Try Tastyfotoart.com the "f" makes all the difference.

icingimages Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:38pm
post #18 of 19

Have you ever printed on one of our Pearl Luster Sheets? You will love it, it creates sort of a Matte finish on the image with just a little bit of luster...not too much as it is great for boys too!

S-Noel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S-Noel Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 2:16pm
post #19 of 19

Hi... I've never tried icing images, but I love the icing sheets from tasty foto art :)  They are delicious and very easy to work with!!  You get 25 sheets for $27.95 compared to icing images 24 sheets for $28 I have an ip3600 printer (which I bought on amazon) and refillable edible ink cartridges (which I bought on ebay) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%