Coloring Sugarshack's Bc?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 6:52am by aztomcat

tootie0809 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:21am
post #1 of 5

How do I mix colors in the completed icing without getting air bubbles back in it? I need several colors out of this one batch, so I took some of it out and put a color in it and then beat it with a hand mixer to mix the color, but now it has air bubbles back in it. I never get even coloring if I mix colors by hand, so does anyone have any suggestions on coloring this icing without ruining the velvety smooth texture?

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 5

Put some icing in a bowl and stir in some coloring.
You should not have any trouble w/air bubbles.
Stir it vigerously w/your spatula (the small Wilton off set is what I always use). Don't use a mixer....just your hand icon_smile.gif

aztomcat Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 5

I also had mix in colors.

However, If I know a need a full batch of one color, I add it with the liquids when making the icing.

tootie0809 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:16am
post #4 of 5

I went ahead and hand mixed it with my small spatula and it worked great. Sharon's recipe seems to take the color more evenly than other BC recipes I've tried. Maybe because it's so smooth to begin with. Whenever I've tried coloring by mixing by hand with other recipes, I've always had streaky coloring once the cake was iced, so I was scared to do this with Sharon's recipe for fear of the same thing happening, but it came out very evenly colored and no air bubbles this time. icon_smile.gif Thanks for the tips!

aztomcat Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:52am
post #5 of 5

Glad it worked out for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%