Costco Cream Cheese Filling!

Baking By Deniro Updated 2 Apr 2014 , 4:03am by chefamy427

Deniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deniro Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:42am
post #1 of 14

I'm looking for a recipe that is similar to the cream cheese filling Costco uses in their cakes.

13 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:42am
post #2 of 14

I copied this recipe some time ago. I'm sorry that I didn't get the original poster's name. I've not ever tried the recipe, but it sounds like it'd be close to their filling. Or at least really tasty.

Costco cream cheese filling

1 Pkg Jello Instant French Vanilla Pudding
1 Envelope Dream Whip
1-1/2 cups light cream
4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp Knox unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water

Pour powdered pudding and powdered Dream whip into medium bowl and add the light cream, blend on low speed with electric mixture until blended. Switch to high speed and beat 6 minutes scraping down sides occasionally with spatula. Add softened cream cheese and vanilla and beat another minute. Pour 1/4 cup water into small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over it. Stir and the let stand for one minute. Heat gelatin mixture over medium heat until gelatin dissolves and mixture thins ad turns clear. DO NOT allow to boil. Remove pan from heat and set aside for a few minutes and allow mixture to cool off a bit. Don't let sit too long-it will begin to gel after about 10 mins. or so. Pour gelatin mixture into pudding mixture and beat thoroughly, scraping down sides of bowl for 1 minute. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. When ready to fill cake mix with mixer until nice and creamy. If too thick add a little bit light cream until desired texture achieved. TIPS: recipe can be doubled-use a large bowl. Flavors develop when sitting over night. If cake you are filling is crumbly, pipe filling between layers and spread with knife dipped in hot water.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:23am
post #3 of 14

MMMMM

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:44am
post #4 of 14
babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 14

wow--these sound great. thanks for the recipes....................

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 14

YUMMMMMYYYYY. Thanks for the recipes!!!!

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 14

I'm feeling a little foolish here, but I've never had a cake with cheesecake filling. What kind of cake is best with it? It sounds delish and I'm not sure mine would ever make it to the cake! I guess I could use it as filling for cupcakes too????

Deniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deniro Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbt4955

I'm feeling a little foolish here, but I've never had a cake with cheesecake filling. What kind of cake is best with it? It sounds delish and I'm not sure mine would ever make it to the cake! I guess I could use it as filling for cupcakes too????

carrot! But I use it with both chocolate or white cake.

yazzie82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yazzie82 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 8:47pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanahodgson

I copied this recipe some time ago. I'm sorry that I didn't get the original poster's name. I've not ever tried the recipe, but it sounds like it'd be close to their filling. Or at least really tasty.

1 Envelope Dream Whip
1-1/2 cups light cream
1/4 cup cold water

filling between layers and spread with knife dipped in hot water.

I don't know if anyone has tried this recipe but i made it last night. It was good but it doesn't even come close to costco's cream cheese filling. This didn't taste anything like it. don't get me wrong it was good. They just shouldn't call it costco cream cheese filling

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 11:55pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanahodgson

1 Envelope Dream Whip
1-1/2 cups light cream
1/4 cup cold water

Pour powdered pudding and powdered Dream whip into medium bowl and add the light cream, blend on low speed with electric mixture until blended. Switch to high speed and beat 6 minutes scraping down sides occasionally with spatula. Add softened cream cheese and vanilla and beat another minute. Pour 1/4 cup water into small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over it. Stir and the let stand for one minute. Heat gelatin mixture over medium heat until gelatin dissolves and mixture thins ad turns clear. DO NOT allow to boil. Remove pan from heat and set aside for a few minutes and allow mixture to cool off a bit. Don't let sit too long-it will begin to gel after about 10 mins. or so. Pour gelatin mixture into pudding mixture and beat thoroughly, scraping down sides of bowl for 1 minute. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. When ready to fill cake mix with mixer until nice and creamy. If too thick add a little bit light cream until desired texture achieved. TIPS: recipe can be doubled-use a large bowl. Flavors develop when sitting over night. If cake you are filling is crumbly, pipe filling between layers and spread with knife dipped in hot water.

thanks I have to try this one icon_smile.gif

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 12:12am
post #11 of 14

Yazzie...does that recipe turn out stiff enough to use as a frosting?

yazzie82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yazzie82 Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 12:32am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion

Yazzie...does that recipe turn out stiff enough to use as a frosting?

No, i wouldn't use it a frosting. It's not stiff enough.

mitzisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitzisb Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 6:31pm
post #13 of 14

I've used it with carrot cake, Italian cream (cheese) cake, and red velvet cake

chefamy427 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefamy427 Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 4:03am
post #14 of 14

do you know how much this recipe makes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%