Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm by Teena_Marie

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:04am
post #91 of 105

Kim, your cake is so pretty! I love all the flowers and the butterflies!

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:12am
post #92 of 105

Well, here is another GA girl. I still have a while before I can call it a night, or day, or whatever...icon_smile.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:24am
post #93 of 105

Thanks! When she asked me if I could make her cake, I was so excited. I was wanting another practice cake. I didn't mind that it kept me up until 2:00 in the morning because I was watching coverage of hurricane Ike anyway. And DH is trying to bring other computer back to life.

If I'm not mistaken, it's her daughter's 10th birthday, so I'm sure she'll like it since my daughters do!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:41am
post #94 of 105

I'm sure that she will, Kim. I hope that you are safe from the storms there in Louisiana

suchie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suchie6 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:18am
post #95 of 105

Are you still looking for Abby Cadabby coloring page? There are several on this site.

http://www.sesamestreet.org/art

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:08pm
post #96 of 105

I think it would be neat if everyone were to post the cakes that kept us up til the weee hours - I will get mine up here once I get them off my camera

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:15pm
post #97 of 105

Thats a cool idea Tdybear

Molly thumbs_up.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:06pm
post #98 of 105

OMG Thank you sooo much suchie6! party.gifthumbs_up.gif That is exactly what I was looking for! You are a godsend to me this morning. thumbs_up.gif

Well, I am heading back to the kitchen to put the final icing on my castle cake. I have 3 hours to get this done. I'm gonna have to work on the other cakes this afternoon.

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:51pm
post #99 of 105

kim your cake is very pretty, good job! i hope everyone made it through Ike okay and didnt lose their life savings to the gas prices (saw on tv this morning that some places were charging $5.50 a gallon!!!).

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:20pm
post #100 of 105

aww man i forgot about friday night cake club, oh well see you next week!!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:26pm
post #101 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Petit fours = major PITA.

OK, here goes, and you're going to have to visualize.

Make a sheet cake. fill or not, your choice. Frost the top with a thinnish layer of bc. Freeze.

Make poured fondant. The Wilton recipe actually works. Don't let the temp go higher than 92F. Us a thermometer.

Get a cooling rack that's a grid, or criss cross two. Set them on 4 tall drinking glasses. Make sure the height of the glasses = the height of the skewer you're going to use two steps forward.

Pull sheet cake out of freezer. Cut into squares. The size is 2-3 bites.

Put a skewer into the cake piece. Dip it in the poured fondant. put the skewer with the now frosted cake thru the cooling rack so that the skewer is hanging below the grid. Pull out the skewer. Your fingers never touch the petit four and since you're dipping it, it gets covered completely. The freezing produces fewer crumbs in the poured fondant, and causes the fondant to set up quickly on the petit four.

That is a cool idea with the skewer! I assume you put the skewer al lthe way through, put the cake on the rack with the part that doesnt have icing on it down and pull through? Or do you cover the entire cake with icing?

tdybear1978 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:25pm
post #102 of 105

okay, here is everything that we did this weekend. Keep in mind that I did actually have help this weekend, THANK GOD she does such great work
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:56pm
post #103 of 105

Wow Love your work

Molly thumbs_up.gif

tdybear1978 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:58pm
post #104 of 105

not sure why some of them are showing and some are not. each time I look at this post there are different ones showing and not showing Hmmmmm. well if you can't see them, I just uploaded them to my pics icon_smile.gif

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm
post #105 of 105

very pretty good job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%