Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm by Teena_Marie

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:59am
post #31 of 105

This one is adorable

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/21508/normal_fairentry.jpg

But there was one...it was several different sized pumpkins on a bed of fondant/gumpaste fall leaves.

Several pumpkins...one with a "twinkle" to it...(maybe to be picked as a coach for a special princess???)

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:02am
post #32 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

That's messed up! You're supposed to save me FROM this, not keep me doing it.

Where in NC are ya? Since you are up already, my kitchen does need some reorganizing as well....

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:03am
post #33 of 105

I was supposed to practice a baby shower cake tonight, but with Ike almost here (North Houston), I'm afraid I might lose power in the middle of baking icon_sad.gif I guess that leaves more room for sketching icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:08am
post #34 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

That's messed up! You're supposed to save me FROM this, not keep me doing it.

Where in NC are ya? Since you are up already, my kitchen does need some reorganizing as well....

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

hmmmmmmm....

Albemarle...

Right now, I am trying to figure out the best way to organize it...that's the hardest part ya know...no, actually...looking at it is the hardest part.

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:16am
post #35 of 105

I have 2 cakes due this weekend.

Just got done with Cake #1--for an Air Force 45th reunion.

Cake #2 is still in construction...it's a cowboy hat for a little boy turning one. I have cake baked & brim finishing drying...so I think I'll call it a night since that one isn't due until Sunday afternoon.

I'll be sure to post pictures of both cakes soon!

Goodnight All! Don't stay up too late.

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:21am
post #36 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

I did a little mazda 6 last night (the humidity here has been wrecking havic with my fondant lately...it was beautiful last night but this morning it is kind of saggy looking...but it will do. Anyone else getting that?

You know I should be use to this since all there is here is humidity but man this summer humidity is really kicking my butt. thumbsdown.gif

I feel for ya!!!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:22am
post #37 of 105

Thank For the ideas love them all I did look at the Anne Geddes website very cute pictures. loriemom Thank You! cous2010 my prayers are with you

Molly2

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:30am
post #38 of 105

I did a 3-tier wedding cake for earlier today; just finished a 3-tier wedding and grooms cake; working on a 4-tier cake; still have one more 3-tier for sunday; and have about 7 other cakes for tomorrow that I think my help is just about finished with leaving me with just the wedding cakes WOOHOO

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:33am
post #39 of 105

Careful, tdy, you're gonna get spoiled!

19 more fondant lace motifs to do . . .

Nbogdala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nbogdala Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:33am
post #40 of 105

well , just finished cutting out my leaves , and mixing up some black fondant for some stripes, man I hate mixing black fondant, anyway, time to go finish up my chess board, ....couple more hours to go,,,stay safe cake friends in TX.....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:34am
post #41 of 105

I never in my life spent so much time in one cake. Fondant in so many colors, swirls handmade in fondant, flowers monogram, bow, fondant pearls, sugar crystals. You say it it's there...she wanted it all! icon_cry.gif Even butterflies..wich I don't love..here it is..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif
LL

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:36am
post #42 of 105

What a fun post....seems like most of us are being hit by Ike (jerk). I am in NW Arkansas and we supposedly are going to get all the rain from it tomorrow through tuesday. Therefore 3 out of my 5 orders this weekend cancelled. I am actually done for the night, and I get to enjoy this and Leno!!! YAY

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:39am
post #43 of 105

Love the cake Edna! I actually just got done watching your rose tutorial and it makes me want to get off my bum and start practicing now lol. I spent hours up last night working on a little fondant witch so im still kinda tired and not really up for getting off my bum

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:40am
post #44 of 105

I'm watching TV. Sad, but true. My aunt and uncle's 50th due for tomorrow, but I'm letting cakes cool. Chocolate ganache sitting on the counter. Sugar Cookie house in need of decorating, but DD's gone to bed.

About the pumpkins... For halloween this year I am planning on making a pumpkin patch. Using the Mini Ball pans, some ball pans and doing the soccer ball pan. Orange buttercream, and green fondant vines and leaves on a chocolate cookie crumb base. Perhaps something like that???

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:44am
post #45 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teena_Marie

Love the cake Edna! I actually just got done watching your rose tutorial and it makes me want to get off my bum and start practicing now lol. I spent hours up last night working on a little fondant witch so im still kinda tired and not really up for getting off my bum

lol...well I am glad you enjoyed!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:47am
post #46 of 105

Grrr... just finished my lone cake for tomorrow. Getting my golf stuff ready for the morning and thought, "let me check on the FNCC" and dang if I don't see a pic of a what I wanted the cake I just finished to look like (did I lose anyone with that?). Now I'm actually contemplating going down and ripping the decorations off an doing it again.

Edna,
Are those all round cakes cut up? I like it. That would have taken me two days!

Texas ladies,
I wish you guys the best!

Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:52am
post #47 of 105

Edna it took you 9 hours to do a big beautiful cake.. it took me 4 hours to get my little witch with a mini cupcake to come out like i wanted. Just imagine how many days it would take me to do a cake like yours!

if anyone wants to see my little witch you can find her here

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1264489

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:55am
post #48 of 105

yeah I love having her here, just can't always afford to bring in the extra help icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:56am
post #49 of 105

Well Teena Marie..those gumpaste figures do take some time to make..I love it!..great job!..icon_biggrin.gif

Twooten...yes the cakes are all rounds cut in wedges.
I have done many topsy turvys that are intricate, usually taking around 4 to 5 hours tops. But this one was the winner!
Edna

Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:59am
post #50 of 105

is gumpaste easier to work with than fondant? or the combination of gumpaste and fondant? i've only ever used straight fondant before and have been thinking of tempting the fates and trying a mixture

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:04am
post #51 of 105

Gumpaste or fondant or the combination of both depends on what you are doing. You just have to get used to the consistency and what works best for you. But the main thing is what are you going to be working on..
Edna

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:05am
post #52 of 105

Edna, your cake is stunning! I can't believe that only took you 9 hours! I think it would have taken me forever!

Here is the gelatin rose I made for my mom's cake. I used the directions in the last issue of ACD.
LL

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:07am
post #53 of 105

I need to try those gelatin flowers...I want to find the time to do them.. Nice work!...
Edna

Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:11am
post #54 of 105

While I have you amazing cakers around, does anyone have any advice, tips, tricks, anything at all about petit fours? My aunt wanted asked me to make a whole bunch for her to take to her organ lesson open house thingie. And of course I was like "sure! No problem!" instead of saying.. "um ive never done them but ill try" hehe

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:11am
post #55 of 105

Ok what is ACD? I want those directions! Can you eat it?

Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:13am
post #56 of 105

Thanks, Edna! That means a lot coming from you. icon_biggrin.gif The rose was easier to make than I thought it would be. But I really needed a smaller pair of wire cutters.

tonedna Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:17am
post #57 of 105

ACD is American Cake Decorating Magazibe..
By the way one of my cakes is on the last issue of
Mailbox News. icon_biggrin.gif
Edna

Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:21am
post #58 of 105

That is awesome Edna! I wish that I got that magazine.

twooten, technically, the rose is edible, if you wanted to suck on the wires, icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:23am
post #59 of 105

Edna, that cake is fantastic! Quite different from the masterpieces I've seen of your's...but a masterpiece still the same!

Teena_Marie, your cupcake is too cute!

Bettycrockermommy, that is one of the most beautiful gelatin roses I've seen...ever!

Teena_Marie Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:26am
post #60 of 105

i love the gelatin rose! im gonna have to look up how to make those! Any thank you all for the sweet comments on my baby witch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%