Who Has A Great Hubby?

Decorating By akgirl10 Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 11:04pm by BlakesCakes

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:25am
post #1 of 69

That would be me! My birthday is the 25th, and I did something I don't usually do-gave him a few gift ideas.

So, what arrives in the mail Wednesday? A box from a certain company named "Agbay"!

Then yesterday, two Sugarshack DVDs! Seriously, I can hardly contain my excitement!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Although he should think about shipping this stuff to my parent's house so I don't see it (SAHM, so I'm always the first to the mail). Luckily, he's letting me open the presents now, no waiting two weeks. I guess I better work on my Christmas list now, lol.

68 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:29am
post #2 of 69

make it easy on him... go to www.kaboodle.com and make a wish list

i warn you, it's addictive

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 69

I have the best husband!
He stays out of my way. (He sits on his butt and watches cars going around in a circle, drinking beer.
He allows me to tell him about my day. (He just doesn't listen)
He makes dinner. (Well he bar-b-ques, and makes me do everything else, and then takes credit for dinner)
He seperates the laundry. (His laundry, and then tells me, "I need such and such cleaned for tomorrow. I got it out for you.")
He went out one day and bought me a van. (He went out and got a sports car for himself.)
He watches the kids. (Finally, stopped calling it babysitting.)

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

I have the best husband!
He stays out of my way. (He sits on his butt and watches cars going around in a circle, drinking beer.
He makes dinner. (Well he bar-b-ques, and makes me do everything else, and then takes credit for dinner)
He seperates the laundry. (His laundry, and then tells me, "I need such and such cleaned for tomorrow. I got it out for you.")
He went out one day and bought me a van. (He went out and got a sports car for himself.)

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif ROTFLMAO icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

gacandle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gacandle Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 69

what a great husband!!!!!! but i have to say that mine is pretty great too!! He has started working 10 hour days 6 days a week so i can stay home with the kids and bake. he helps me when i ask and he stays out of my way when he knows i'm behind on cakes!!! he never complains and always tells me that my cakes are great. i could not ask for anything better!!!! cake husbands are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 69

My husband is the best!!!
He volunteered for a 15 month deployment to be with me only 4 months after having come back from a 9 month deployment!!! icon_surprised.gif I can't think of a more heroic/romantic thing "I love you so much I'll go BACK to war to be with you!!!"

icon_biggrin.gif Yay for AWESOME hubbies icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #7 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

I have the best husband!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(giggle...giggle...chuckle...)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

akgirl10, those are some awesome gifts!

Athena08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Athena08 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 69

julzs71 i think that u and i may be married to the same man... i felt like i was reading something i wrote.... too funny icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif but oh sooooooooo TRUE... only dif between my hubby and yours is mine is into the 4x4 trucks instead of race cars.. so it's all about big tires and MUD... Ugh why can't men be more like us and just like CAKES icon_razz.gif

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:48pm
post #9 of 69

I'm so sorry ladies...but I definitely have THE BEST husband ever in the history of......

We bought our home, and then he tore just about everything out of it so I could have what I want on the inside. He's done just about 95% of the renovation by himself. Today he's putting up my kitchen cabinets...I have an obnoxious amount of cake space!!!!!!!!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:49pm
post #10 of 69

All the hubby's sound great! I do have to brag about mine thought. He leaves little poems and stories in my car for me to discover in the morning. If I cook, he does the dishes. He lets me buy all the cake toys a want within reason!!! He plans unexpected get aways. I'm so spoiled, how I could get such a nice person is a mystery. I must have done something very good at some point. This is my second marraige, no good stories from the first one, I learned my lesson well.

all4cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:49pm
post #11 of 69

krystyne_wilson, I have the utmost respect and admiration for you and your husband along with all the other military personnel and their families. God bless you all!

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:52pm
post #12 of 69

Sorry people, I don't have a great hubby, I have a great wifey!!! She is the most supportive woman! Gives me ideas, helps with painting, sells chocolate like crazy! She doesn't stand in my way of following my dreams, and some day hopes to fill the "Mary Alice" job at my bakery (if and when I ever get to open)

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm
post #13 of 69

Thanks all4cake...it's all in a days work!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:12pm
post #14 of 69

No--mine is the best. He does the dishes after I fix dinner, he does the laundry while I am working at the kitchen on cake orders, HE CLEANS THE HOUSE (without being asked), he pets the dogs when I am too busy, he always kisses me goodbye and never hangs up without saying "I love you." Too many things to list....

all4cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 7:59pm
post #15 of 69

Mine is, by a looooooooooong shot, the greatest! He's put up with me for 25 years! Like Mac stated about her's, there's definitely a list of so many things that keeps him tops in my book!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:56am
post #16 of 69

Sorry, ladies, my hubby is the greatest ever. Last weekend he made 25 gallons of chocolate buttercream for me using two 5 qt mixers and then cleaned up afterwards. I :heart: him. icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:14am
post #17 of 69

Shoot! I got on here thinking to tell you that my hobby is crocheting skirts. Then I realized that its "hubby" ...He bought me an Agbay Deluxe for our wedding anniversary this past June!!

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:19am
post #18 of 69

Krystyne, I think yours deserves the award! And you deserve one too! Thank you both for your service to our country and protecting our freedom! I'll be keeping you all in my prayers!!

all4cake Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:29am
post #19 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

Shoot! I got on here thinking to tell you that my hobby is crocheting skirts. Then I realized that its "hubby" ...He bought me an Agbay Deluxe for our wedding anniversary this past June!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I do that all the time...think it's one thing and jump into the thread...good thing most times I double-check the subject before hitting "submit"

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:56am
post #20 of 69

My hubby is the best. He tried to help me with a cake disaster last night. he stayed up with me till 3 am, started working with the fondant and he even went to the store at 1am to try to find me some store bought frosting. (don't ask - I said it was a cake disaster!) And that was just yesterday... He's awesome.

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:42pm
post #21 of 69

After I've been decorating all morning and I'm ready to drop, my husband will push me away from the sink, tell me to sit down and clean up everything!! HE'S the best cake husband!!javascript:emoticon('thumbs_up.gif')

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 11:34pm
post #22 of 69

Today is my 12th anniversary, so how lucky am I to have found this thread icon_lol.gif ! I have a great husband, too. He isn't the best help around the house, but he will rub my back for an hour, every night if I need it, and never complain thumbs_up.gif . I've been in the hospital at least 8 times since we've been married and he's always been calm, cool, and collected, right there holding my hand. He helps me when I have cakes due and I've been up half the night, he makes deliveries, and he tells everybody how great my cakes are icon_smile.gif . He's also a great Dad and wants his kids to have opportunities that he didn't. We are from very different cultures, but we've learned to live together and to compromise and be happy. It's so great to have a supportive husband thumbs_up.gif . Oh, I almost forgot, he's built my Mother a cottage so she can retire in the Bahamas icon_cool.gif , near us....and refuses to let her pay rent!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 11:58pm
post #23 of 69

I happen to think mine is pretty great. He took my kids that weren't his with no questions asked. He changes diapers without being asked. He cooks dinner AND washes dishes AFTER he spends 12 hours a day at work. He makes extra effort to take my autistic son to school and picks him up. He does laundry and vacuums and does all the fix it projects around the house. He repainted and retiled our bedroom in the colors *I* wanted. He goes in to work (he's in the Air Force) if there's an emergency even if he's not on call, just because he knows they NEED him if they call him. He cleans the bathroom and doesn't leave his clothes on the floor.

Now you may ask, what do I do if he does all of this? Well, I stay home with the kids, make cakes, and am currently going through WICKED morning sickness carrying the baby he begged me for. lol. icon_smile.gif

He also took me out and surprised me by letting me pick a new dining set after I said the other one I had was ugly. lol

All in all, he's a pretty great guy.

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:25am
post #24 of 69

My hubby says "Whatever makes you happy baby" I love the man icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:33am
post #25 of 69

Okay ladies, I gotta say you all have great men in your lives. So, let's just applaud them for putting up with us women, because we all know were not easy to live with.
My husband is great because he loves me. He has never stopped showing it since day one and weve been married for 9 years. He was definatly the one for me because we fit like a hand and glove. He is a fireman/emt and that shows alot to me. He loves helping people. He works all the time so that our kids and I can live an elaborate life. He helps me when I do cakes too. He will always kick me out of the kitchen when I get done so he can clean it up and let me tell you it's a wreck!!
Just a month ago he considered the chance to head to Irag to work as a fireman/emt on base so he can earn enough money to pay our house off and live a little more loose. His notes appear on the mirror in the morning sometimes that tell me how beautiful I am. He calls just to check on my day and tells me he loves me. He loves our kids so much and helps alot with our autistic son. Even through all weve been through with him, he and I have stuck together through it all. It's not easy dealing with Autism!
Last but not least, he is amazing! I don't know what life would be like without him! I am truly blessed

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:39am
post #26 of 69

I am loving all these stories! Although I Have the best husband in the world...

My DH is also my second marriage (I also learned the first time.although it took me 20 years the first time to learn...) We have been married almost 7 years now, and he is still the best in the world!

My DH works a full time job all day, and during his lunch hour will make calls for me. He will run by the store for me on his way home. He helps me prepare for tastings, does the shows with me (not just stands there like other DH's I have seen at shows..he does a great selling job! He really truely beleives in our product) He spends all day Saturday in the car and helps me deliver cakes, some of them weighing a TON. He cleans up the bakery room for me on Sunday nights (which he is doing now) so I can have a nice clean room for a fresh start on Monday. He helps with marketing, he answers emails and is doing the invoicing. We have a little meeting once a week where we go over orders for the week and he helps me fill in the blanks, for he feels my job is "decorating the cakes". He researches insurance rates for me, talks to dealers and really gets into the business dies of everything. He wants to one day too be my Mary Alice too.

But besides the business, he helped me when my daughter got married (my no good for nothing ex was "too busy") and helped pay for it. sat up with me all night when she had her babies, helped me get through the terrible teen years with my middle daughter, (who is eplilipic and has helped through some pretty bad siezures) He will take my hand when I have worked 16 hours straight and say "ok, its time to go to bed" and rub my feet for me. He will watch chick movies, go the opera, and let me paint the dining room red. He will force me to go for walks to help with my blood sugar, will get my medication for me, and not only tells me he loves me, but shows me in well, wonderful ways! (grin)

He is also very handsome!!!

yeah, my DH. I think I will keep him! (the second time around is the better time around!)

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:49am
post #27 of 69

This is also my second marriage, and I am very blessed. I won't go into details, but my husband protected me from my stalking ex husband. My kids treat my husband like he is their dad. Of course he has looked after them like a dad should....

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:02am
post #28 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystyne_wilson

My husband is the best!!!
He volunteered for a 15 month deployment to be with me only 4 months after having come back from a 9 month deployment!!! icon_surprised.gif I can't think of a more heroic/romantic thing "I love you so much I'll go BACK to war to be with you!!!"

icon_biggrin.gif Yay for AWESOME hubbies icon_biggrin.gif

Wow, your gonna make me cry, I'm glad you guys get to be together! Come home safe!!

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:03am
post #29 of 69

My hubby was so sweet this weekend. I made a gaduation cake for my son, thought it looked great, but still had to do writing. I write horribably, and just new I was going to ruin my cake. So he got out an icing bag and cookie sheet, practiced a couple times and went to writing on my cake. He has never touched icing before in his life. It was so sweet of him. Looked better than mine does and I have been doing this for a year. He said when we move and I start being a business, he would learn to do some stuff so he could help me out. I think we will make a family business out of it, my kids are learning to bake and decorate too.

snowynight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowynight Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:10am
post #30 of 69

Putting up with me for 27 years is a feat in its self. He has been right there through all my surgeries and has waited on me hand and foot. He does all the dishes. Amd now he wants to learn how to make frosting so he can help me out more. He's just a little sweetie!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%