Mini Cupcake Flowers

Baking By emg58863 Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 2:49pm by KHalstead

emg58863 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emg58863 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 3

I am wanting to make mini cupcake flowers, like on a stick and all. Does anyone know if they make a stick that has a base that the cupcake could sit on. I have seen some recipes where they just stick the stick in the bottonm but these are going to be centerpieces/gifts so I want them to be some what stable. Thanks to all with ideas.

2 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know of any type of stick with a "platform" on it, but the sticks are inserted while the chocolate/candy melt coating is still soft, so it kinda hardens around the stick. If you're concerned about slippage, you could always spoon a few extra drops of melted chocolate around the stick for extra security.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 3

I don't think you'll have any trouble unless you're using a full sized cupcake, even ones made in a mini muffin tin should work with the chocolate holding them on. Maybe you could make something.....like cut little round discs of plastic (lids to country crock butter containers and stuff like that work really well) and then literally just hot glue a lollipop stick to the bottom, or put a hole in it and feed it up through a little

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%