Looking For A Jazzed Up Chocolate Cupcake Recipe.

Baking By ericalove Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 9:41pm by mixinvixen

ericalove Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 4

can anyone give me a recipe for a crazy good chocolate cupcake,but something more then just a regular chocolate cupcake.I want to make some cheer up cupcakes for my mom,she loves chocolate but I want something more special than just a regular chocolate,I wanted something alittle more jazzy like when you just look at them you just have to dive in.

Also can anyone can give me a recipe for a frosting that would go go great with black bottom cupcakes.

Thanks

3 replies
havingfun Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 4

Did you ever get a GOOD chocolate recipe? I love the Darn Good Chocolate Cake and there is an awesome Chocolate Stout Cake from Epicurious. Happy baking!

shanzah67 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 4

I made a chocolate cake using the "old mayonnaise cake" recipe last night. It was so moist and chocolaty.

1 box of Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix
1 cup of mayonnaise (not fat free ---the real deal)
1 cup of water
1 to 2 tsp of vanilla extract

I baked my cake at 350 for 35 minutes.

You could try that with cupcakes and top with chocolate buttercream or ganache.

mixinvixen Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 4

check out the thread that is going on right now for the cupcake club...currently the recipe is chocolate peanut butter cuppies...which is a combination that you can't go wrong with. seems simple enough...brownie mix with a reese's mini cup smushed into the top and ganache poured over it. you can also get specialty cups from reese's, like cheesecake, pumpkin, coffee, etc.

good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%