Forgot The Dowels!!!!! Am I Doomed?

Decorating By mellormom Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 3:10am by Deb_

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 9

I did a Barbie cake with another 8 inch on the bottom and forgot to dowel it! The customer already has the cake. Do you think it will sink?
Thanks for any help on this matter!
The picture will be in my photos in a few minutes it wouldn't attach for some reason
Jen...

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 9

It's happened to me before with a 2 tier and it was o.k. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It's not the ideal situation, but hey we have brain farts sometimes icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Good Luck!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 9

Oh, she is just DARLING...... I'm thinking the weight is so evenly distributed that it just might hold...... keep your fingers crossed !

mellormom Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks! I actually had them in but needed to take them out to level the bottom cake a little. icon_redface.gif I have brain farts daily unfortunately! LOL
Jen...

mellormom Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 9

there crossed! Thanks!

mellormom Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 9

I think the cake survived! No calls anyway. icon_smile.gif
Thanks everyone!
Jen...

Deb_ Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:58am
post #7 of 9

Oh that's good news thumbs_up.gif
I just noticed you're in Saugus, we used to go to the Hilltop Steakhouse quite a bit when our kids were young. They loved all the "cows" out front. I'm in Seekonk, about 45 miles South of Boston.

Go Redsox icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

mellormom Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:35am
post #8 of 9

dkelly27
Cool. I've lived in MA for 10 years. I now live off of Essex Street in Saugus. Are you a Member of MA Ices? If so I'm going to the meeting this month.
The Hilltop isn't what it used to be unfortunately. Mostly old people and the steaks aren't that great. Did you hear we are getting a Hooters though? It opens next weekend. I'm so excited?! LOL There food isn't that bad actually.
Nice to meet you!
Jen...

Deb_ Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:10am
post #9 of 9

Nice to meet you too Jen. I know what you mean about The Hilltop....ever since they turned the meat market into a car dealership it went downhill from there icon_lol.gif I think it changed ownership around that time too.

No, I'm not a member of MA Ices, been thinking about it though. I've always done cakes part time. I'm a full time hairstylist and I own my own Salon so that has always been where I put all of my energy. But now both of my kids are away at College, and I have way too much time on my hands. (thank goodness for CC...LOL)

I'm going to check out the Ices website tonight. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hope to talk to you again,
Deb

Oh, I almost forgot, I love Hooter's wings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%