Oreo Truffles?

Baking By Bellatheball Updated 29 Apr 2013 , 11:17am by MariaK38

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 25

I saw these on Bakerella's site and a few of you have mentioned them here too. Her recipe says to use one package of Oreos to 8 oz cream cheese. I'm not a big Oreo fan but don't the packages come in different sizes? Which should I use?

24 replies
CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 25

I would use the standard 3 row package found at most stores.

Juny1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juny1980 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 25

OMG...these are so sinfully good! I got the recipe from the Kraft Foods website a while back...we make them often!!!!

Enjoy!

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 25

There is a recipe on here that is really good! It says to use 3 rows of cookies.

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 25

I'm wanting to make some Oreo truffles as gifts for teachers. I won't be giving them until the middle of the month. How far in advance can I make them if I just refrigerate them? I've read on different threads that you can freeze them but that it might cause the chocolate to crack. Any advice?

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 12:08am
post #6 of 25

Well Floophs, how long would you keep cream cheese in the refrigerator? And there's your answer, LOL! I would say a few weeks...

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 12:26am
post #7 of 25

I made some with lemon cookies.....they were awesome. Better than oreo.

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:11am
post #8 of 25

I love them with the mint oreos. I was thinking I'd also try them with gingersnaps. I'll let you know how they turn out.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:12am
post #9 of 25

I just made some oreo truffles for the 1st time & they are so good! My husband told me that I would have to make them every Christmas.
I froze mine before I dipped them in chocolate.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:37am
post #10 of 25

I will be making Oreo truffles in a day or two. I've never had them before and can't wait to taste them!

ILoveMy6Boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveMy6Boys Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:10am
post #11 of 25

I am going to try making some nutterbutter truffles "balls" I'll let you know how they turn out! icon_lol.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:53pm
post #12 of 25

A company called "Wind & Willow" make a variety of dessert cheeseball mixes (I've tried the key lime, white chocolate cherry, a tropical mango one, and a peach one). They give you instructions on how to make the cheeseball, but I skip that and make it into truffles. Mix the contents of the package into the 8 oz. of cream cheese. Crush a package of vanilla or chocolate sandwich cookies (depending on the mix flavor you're using) and add that to the cream cheese mixture. Roll into balls, chill, and dip in either chocolate or white chocolate. YUMM!

Lapislove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lapislove Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #13 of 25

I finally decided to try these out last night, and they are DELICIOUS!!!!

So easy and even fun to make.

I can't wait to try it out with different cookie / chocolate combinations!

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:32pm
post #14 of 25

I just made these for my companys potluck Christmas party. I made both the Nutterbutters and the Oreos and everyone raved about them. They are so simple to make but so good!

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:32pm
post #15 of 25

I just made these for my companys potluck Christmas party. I made both the Nutterbutters and the Oreos and everyone raved about them. They are so simple to make but so good!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:38pm
post #16 of 25

I made some for my daughter who loves cherries. I made vanilla cookies, chopped up maraschino cherry, a little juice and cream cheese. My daughter loved these.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 7:43am
post #17 of 25

Oh man these were the hit of my Christmas goodie baskets! I used the limited edition candy cane oreos and a mixture of milk and semi sweet for dipping to try to cut over the top sweetness and they were TDF!! So happy I picked up a chocolate pro pot at Joanns when they were on sale, it was so much easier for me for dipping.
LL

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 4:34am
post #18 of 25

Okay first I've heard of these and I'm sold but can someone please post a basic recipe for me? Thanks icon_smile.gif
p.s. This past Christmas I made a bunch of rice krispie balls that I dipped in chocolate. I made some using diced dried pineapple, macadamia nuts and coconut with a bit of rum dipped in white chocolate. Another using pecans and cranberries and still another using crunchy peanut butter in dark chocolate. Maybe this is an old idea that I'm thinking is new icon_rolleyes.gif

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammy712 Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 4:50am
post #19 of 25

Discolady
This is the recipe that I used it's pretty basic.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/OreoTruffleBalls.htm

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 4:57am
post #20 of 25

Oooo thanks I love CC

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 9:45pm
post #21 of 25

Question do these have to refrigerated after you make them??

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 9:40pm
post #22 of 25

I made these for Christmas about a week ahead of time and put them in the freezer in an airtight container. They were still good when I gave them to people. My husband was eating the leftovers out of the freezer for about a week after that. 

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 9:41pm
post #23 of 25

I use the regular 3 row container. Also, I only use the regular stuffed, not the double. 

Mad Batter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mad Batter Posted 28 Apr 2013 , 12:31pm
post #24 of 25

Just curious, if you were to make the oreo truffles to sell, how much would you sell them for? thanks :) 

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 11:17am
post #25 of 25

Re: the refrigeration question... if you make them with cream cheese, they need to be refrigerated until serving.  I made some with icing so I didn't have to refrigerate them and they turned out great.  I thought they would be over the top sweet but they weren't at all.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%