Recreating The Big Bang.....anyone See This On The News?

Lounge By KHalstead Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 2:00am by KHalstead

KHalstead Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 5

Some crazy stuff........has anyone seen this?? Apparently there are a ton of scientists and physicists underground on the border between Geneva and Switzerland who have created a machine that will be able to (by use of magnets) smash particles together and they hope that it will recreate what they believe to be the origins of all of the universe! (or the so called "Big Bang Theory") There are some scientists who are against them doing this because they believe it could potentially cause a black hole and over a period of time (they speculate about 50 months) the entire earth could be sucked into the black hole.
Now as crazy as it all is.....I found the CRAZIEST part to be all the doomsday predictions by some religious or otherwise nuts that December 20, 2012 will be the end of the earth (has also been predicted by mayan calendars and various other religions/people)...anyhow......they are going to be starting up this machine the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) in a couple if you add on 50 months to that takes us to near the end of December of that's a little freaky...........even though I am a firm believer that no man shall know the day nor the hour that the world will's still a little bizarre.

4 replies
Mike1394 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 5

That is actually pretty cool they could do that. Then again I think about all the $$$ that is spent on it. That's what makes me cringe. If 12 21 12 is the day. I say bring it on. I've had some regrets, but I've had one heckuva life LOLOL

KHalstead Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 5

I pretty much feel the same way..........I think the reports are like 9 billion dollars that was spent so far........crazy. Guess it's been 20 yrs. in the making

Shelle_75 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 5

Geez, black hole over the earth.... one more excuse for the gas prices to go up again!!!

KHalstead Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #5 of 5

lol........I don't even think they need any excuses at this point!

Quote by @%username% on %date%