Anybody Got A Great Idea?????

Decorating By apetricek Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 4:27am by jlh

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 5

HI I HAVE A CUSTOMER THAT ALWAYS LIKE ME TO DO SOMETHING CUSTOM JUST FOR HER. SHE BROUGHT ME THE INVITATION BELOW, AND I AM HAVING A HARD TIME COMING UP WITH SOMETHING. THE ONE IDEA I DID COME UP WITH WAS TO DO SOME 3d SHOPPING BAGS, AND THEN HAVE SOME BABY ITEMS AROUND THEM, OR EVEN HAVE ONE OF THE BAGS LYING DOWN, SO IT LOOKED AS THOUGH THE BABY STUFF FELL OUT OF THE BAG. HAS ANYONE EVER DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS, OR ANY IDEAS??? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT THANKS!!!!!!
LL

4 replies
jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 5

I think the spilled shopping bag is a great idea, and maybe even add a dropped ice cream cone.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:56am
post #3 of 5

I love your idea.

Another one:
I've also seen the cakes with the silhouettes of the pregnant woman. Then you can add shopping bags along the sides of your cake like Pennants or baby clothes cakes.

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:15am
post #4 of 5

How about a 3d shopping bag with a baby sleeping in it?

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:27am
post #5 of 5

I love the colors in the dress, and the shopping bags. How many tiers did you plan for? How about a tiered cake with each layer similar to the patterns/colors in her dress and/or the bags? The invitation looks very "mod". I'm thinking they would enjoy something trendy and mod, sort of off the wall...the brown stripes or red/purple print. These types of themes usually don't include the old school baby rattles and booties! A silver plated Tiffany rattle....maybe! : )
At least you've got great colors to work with. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%