Need Some Help With Woody

Decorating By ljhow623 Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 4:40am by TJCanadian

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 3

I've been aked to do a birthday cake for a 2 year old. He loves Woody. Which is not a problem however the cake has to be made this weekend and frozen. The cake is being picked up on Wednesday and traveling 2 1/2 hours. I thought of doing a FBCT on top with edible images of the rest of the charaters around the side of the cake, however they would like Woody to be more 3-D.

Any ideas of how I can do this? I have never scuplted a "person" and am really at a loss.

Can someone please give me some guidence and ideas on this one.

Thanks,
Lisa

2 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 3

you can sculpt him using fondant/gumpaste - do a google image search and print out a bunch of pics of woody from different angles etc.

Take it one piece at a time. Start with his face and work from there - each piece is seperate - face, hat, arms, body, legs, boots. I think when you break it down and make them one piece at a time it doesn't seem like such a big task.

Aine2 has some great sculpting techniques on her website!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:40am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

you can sculpt him using fondant/gumpaste - do a google image search and print out a bunch of pics of woody from different angles etc.

Take it one piece at a time. Start with his face and work from there - each piece is seperate - face, hat, arms, body, legs, boots. I think when you break it down and make them one piece at a time it doesn't seem like such a big task.

Aine2 has some great sculpting techniques on her website!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

She's exactly right, just break it down into pieces that you can do one by one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%