7Minute Frosting Help

Decorating By cakesbydina Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm by Homemade-Goodies

cakesbydina Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:56am
post #1 of 5

I made 7 minute frosting last night for my husbands birhtday cake. My question is do you have to refridgerate this cake because of the egg whites? It looked a little droopy this morning nad for health reasons I don't know if it's still okay to eat it. I am starting a cake business and I need this info for furture reference. Is this a good icing for cakes I sell to customers...i.e does it keep well?

4 replies
amoos Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:05am
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't refridgerate it b/c it will mess up the consistency of the frosting. I personally LOVE 7 minute frosting, but it's probably not everyone's fav. and you don't have to worry about the egg whites because they cook from the hot syrup.

aswartzw Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 5

definitely no refrigeration. as for being droopy, 7-minute frosting doesn't hold up for long. It's generally something you make and eat immediately! yum yum. Or that's as long as it lasts in my house. icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 5

7 minute frosting is only good for 24 hours. i actually have not let it go for more than 12 hours. it gets sticky or something and is not as good as when it was just made. i like it a lot though.

Homemade-Goodies Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5

I love 7 minute frosting as well...and have set it in the fridge before. But, only for family use, it definitely doesn't stay glossy and yummy looking for customers - although the taste is still there. My family has also eaten it next day unrefrigerated, no one died! icon_lol.gif

If it were more versatile, I'd use it more for customer cakes. I think cupcakes can be more forgiving....I plan to try it, anyway!

Best of luck to you!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%