People! This One Takes The Cupcake!

Decorating By lainalee Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 2:09pm by moonliter

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:20pm
post #31 of 50

I was thinking for next time, a gracious smile and "If that was meant to be a compliment, then thank you!"
When I first started bringing my "over the top" baked goods to my kids' school, I was slightly embarrassed that people would think I was showing off. But eventually they get over it. I ended up getting a lot of business from other parents. Hold your head high, and share your incredible, edible artwork with them - they obviously need it!!

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:22pm
post #32 of 50

Wah.. i still can't see the picture icon_sad.gif

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:26pm
post #33 of 50

Those are so cute and I would definitely take it as a compliment. I don't have any kids yet, but I plan on making everything for their bake sales and including then in on it. I mean, really, isn't that the point, besides, of course, raising money?

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #34 of 50

If you don't mind, could you tell me how much you charged for them. They are great.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #35 of 50

The red X is coming and going. If you see the X, just right click your mouse and you should have an option to Show Picture or Open Link, just click on those. Otherwise the picture is in posted pics by "azterp"

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #36 of 50

I LOVE them. and oh well, there will always be someone negative.... BUT thats ok.. you did what you had to for the team....
Cute Cute Cute

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #37 of 50

Yay!! Finally can see the photo and i agree they look fantastic!!! Just ignore what those jealous people are saying.. they just wish they had a tenth of your talent icon_smile.gif

No-goodLazyBum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
No-goodLazyBum Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:01pm
post #38 of 50

Congrats on those cupcakes! And a "you go girl" for being a non-conformist. I've been ticking off snoddy moms like that for a while. As far as I am concerned the product is not a success unless you get at least one hater to react. icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:29pm
post #39 of 50

I'm sad... I didn't get to see the picture of the cupcakes! I'm sure they were awesome! People are just jealous! Don't let them bother you !!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:27am
post #40 of 50

I think they are awesome! I'm surprised you can take homemade goodies to the bake sale at school though. My school district has banned them altogether, store bought only. Sigh.

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:39am
post #41 of 50

Unfortunately...everything is in the delivery...

I can sooo see myself saying "showoff!" with a big smile, and then asking how you did the kernels (mini-masrhmallows, I am assuming). I love to talk shop with fellow bakers!

Be proud...these are cool! As a guy, I used to get flack all the time at work, but now they just call me the executive pastry chef!

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:02am
post #42 of 50

I've been working for local school districts for a few years now and I know exactly what kind of people act like that! At my first school, parents would be thrilled to have such wonderful creations, but at my current location, it's quite the opposite. It is such a shame that some feel the need to be nasty when they are faced with competition.

I say competition, but then again...what do they expect with Dunkin Donuts? I've only been baking for about a year, and I wouldn't dream of bringing store bought goods to a bake sale.

Anyway, great job!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:23am
post #43 of 50

jWow, everyone I am blown away at the support you all have sent. Thank you sooooo much. This has been quite an experiance for us. But the best part is DGD. She came in from school today, (we pick her up from practices) and after a 10 hr day (school, dance and gymnastic practice, both for cheerleading) she wraps her arms aroung my waist and says "Nana, I love you soo much". Need I say more. icon_cry.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:48am
post #44 of 50

I LOVE your cupcakes! I want to make some like that. Good job-don't let her get you down.

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:03am
post #45 of 50

Awww, what a sweet, sweet granddaughter!! And the cupcakes were ADORABLE!

womanzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
womanzano Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 4:12am
post #46 of 50

Love the cupcakes. Don't worry about the haters...after awhile people will come to expect your awesome treats so you'll probably find yourself constantly trying to make them bigger and better...and with a wonderful DGD as you have, it shouldn't be any problem to make them.

I may have to try these or a variation of them. Thanks for sharing how you did them!

burgderb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burgderb Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:19am
post #47 of 50

I always try and make something really special for school bake sales, you get a few looks, but you have to remember it isn't for the parents, the extra time and effort appeals to the kids, therefore special treats are the first to go and always sell out, so everyone wins. My kids always tell me my stuff is the best. But somehow my name got taken off the school bake sale list???

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:06pm
post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValMommytoDanny

I would of had to say something like "If showing off is my daughter and I doing something cool together then I am - you should try it sometime...

Forget about it.....

I said something similar once. Some 20-something kid I worked with, who thought she was THE big it, was mouthing off about her mom, and said, "Well, you know how mothers and daughters are ... they ALWAYS hate each other!" My daughter had joined the army and had just left for Korea ... we were best friends ..... so I turned to Miss Cutey Pie and said, "Sorry ... I've no idea what that is like." She gets this shocked look on her face, so I continued to educate her on how my daughter and I were best friends and no we DIDN'T hate each other.

She said is a very smart-a$$ voice, "Well, then you're just not NORMAL!!!"

I said, "Hmmmm..... Being weird by having a great mother-daughter relationship .... or being normal by constantly being in an uproar relationship with my daughter...." I then got inches from her face and said, "Guess which one *I'D* rather be!!" and walked off.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:14pm
post #49 of 50

Oh, she is so wrong. At ages 15, 16, yes, girls rebel. Some rebel big time. By age 20, she should have gotten over it.

Does this gal still live at home?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

moonliter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonliter Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 2:09pm
post #50 of 50

to view photo you might have to first click on your top tool bar to show Popups Okay, then right click on the photo, then click Show Picture.
That is the only way I could see it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%