Help...missing One Egg!!!

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 10:45pm by paulstonia

stephanie214 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 8

Here's the situation; I need to do a cake tonight and need nine eggs...I only have eight icon_cry.gif , will this affect the cake?

I use Pillsbury mix doctored with whole milk and sour cream.

TIA thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
melvin01 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 8

I don't see how one little egg will affect it much (especially with a doctored box recipe).

If you need a little more moisture, use applesauce if you have it. If not, a little more milk or sour cream. I think you'll be fine.

haha, can see someone taking a bite and saying "mmm, this is really good, but I think it's missing an egg!!"

jjandhope Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 8

I have also use a little oil to replace an egg. Maybe 1/8 cup? Im not sure on the measurement.

CakeMakar Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 8

You know, I don't think it'll matter much.

However, most commercial recipes are based off of Grade A large eggs, and most people buy the x-large or the jumbo, so you may end with too much! If you buy the larger eggs, I wouldn't worry about it. If you buy the smaller, perhaps add some oil or applesauce.

I buy from an egg farm, so I kinda "get what I get." They're graded and sized, but sometimes I swear to you they have to be larger or smaller than norm.

wrightway777 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 8

it may not rise as far as you would expect and be slightly more dense. Sounds like I need to carve it into something 3D! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:26am
post #6 of 8

With that many eggs called for one less is NOT going to effect the recipe at allicon_smile.gif

wrightway777 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 8

sounds like you were working on a big did it turn out minus one egg?

paulstonia Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 10:45pm
post #8 of 8

I know it's a little late but, I've replaced an egg with a tablespoon of mayo, read it worked in a cook book a long time ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%