Cookie Idea Please

Baking By mitchelllynn Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 1:12pm by Joanne914

mitchelllynn Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Hi at my church we are going to have a womens banquet and I wanted to do a cookie bouquet for a door prize any suggestions I don't have a huge selection of cookie cutters. Help!

also when you make a bouquet do you just wrap the cookie in regular cellophone plastic wrap (like sirran wrap) or something else?

Thanks so much!!!!
Lynn icon_smile.gif

6 replies
janelwaters Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 7

WELCOME TO CAKE CENTRAL!!!

Is there a theme to the women's day? What cookie cutters do you have?

I would probably say flowers, different types of flower cookies.

mitchelllynn Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much, I was thinking flowers also so that just confirmed it.
I do have flower cutters...

janelwaters Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 7

to get some decorating ideas you can go to the gallery and search through the cookies - so really great ones in there!!

tx_cupcake Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelllynn

also when you make a bouquet do you just wrap the cookie in regular cellophone plastic wrap (like sirran wrap) or something else?

I like to use celophane bags like these:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=3&ShopId=&CatId=580&SubCatId=485

toleshed Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #6 of 7

I also use individual clear bags on my cookies. But you can get 1 big bag to put over the whole bouquet at the dollar store if your in a time crunch.

Joanne914 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:12pm
post #7 of 7

Welcome to Cake Central....you'll be addicted in no time (if you're not already!) I also like to use the large bag from the dollar store to put over the whole bouquet. I buy the one that comes WITH the bow that you pull in the strings (it makes the loops of the bow). Then when you add the bow to the bouquet it looks so fancy! LOL (but everyone loves it!) Not a bad look for a buck! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%