Costco Sell Buttercream?

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm by jenangel1229

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 16

Does anyone know if Costco sells buttercream icing, by the pail? I am in Canada... don't know if that makes a difference....

15 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 16

I'm in Missouri and they don't sell it or their filling - I've asked.

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 16

Its funny, I saw those pails of icing and thought they may sell it too. But, alas they do not!

Costco, does not have everything we need!!! icon_smile.gif

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 16

....sucks!.... icon_wink.gif

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:12am
post #5 of 16

Costco in Canada makes there buttercream and cream cheese icings from scratch and put it into large food safe trash cans best way to explain it. The whipped icing for black forest comes is pails frozen then gets whipped in the bakery the filling is just pouches of Bavarian cream and no other flavor choices except for the cherries for the blk forest cakes,they don't sell any of there bakery products to customers its for there own use.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:24am
post #6 of 16

Don't know if you have a Sam's Club....They do sell both buttercream and cream cheese by the bucket.

The cream cheese is good. I have to add flavorings to the buttercream.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:50am
post #7 of 16

Funny, the Costcos near me in California DO sell buckets of frosting. They're unrefrigerated. I think you'd need to just check the Costco nearest you to find out for sure.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 16

Costco in the US run alittle differently then Canada. They also have different bakery products. Cakes are not the same either.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 16

Just some FYI's on BJ's and Sam's -

Some locations, not all, sell their icings. The ones near me do not.

Some locations also sell their whipped icing to the public, frozen in the freezer case.

Some locations will also sell boxes, boards, and Deco-Pac kits to customers.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:15pm
post #10 of 16

If you are needing some, you may want to check with any stores that sell cakes (grocery stores included). You may be able to get some from them since they usually buy in bulk.

Worth a try.

Omphale237 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omphale237 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm
post #11 of 16

I live in Michigan, and have asked my local Costo if they would sell me BC. I was told they make it themselves and do not. I have seen buckets of colored icing under their baked goods, but even that is not for sale. I was very disappointed!! It sure would make things a lot easier!

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #12 of 16

I saw buckets of bc under the baked goods at my local Costco and took a bucket to the register to see if it was for sale, but they said it wasn't. I was like "then put this crap in the back where I can't see it!" (in my head icon_cool.gif )

But anyway, I have never gone to my local Sam's club. I think I might go there this weekend to check them out!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:39pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer7777

I saw buckets of bc under the baked goods at my local Costco and took a bucket to the register to see if it was for sale, but they said it wasn't. I was like "then put this crap in the back where I can't see it!" (in my head icon_cool.gif )

OH! I might be thinking of the same thing then. I mean, if it's sitting out in plain view (not like the stuff on the high shelves clearly meant for stock) I just assumed it was for sale. However, I never tried to purchase any. What a strange place to keep it, you'd think they'd at least put a panel or something over it so that you know it's not for sale. icon_confused.gif

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:05pm
post #14 of 16

I live in CO, and I've only asked 1 supermarket here called King Sooper's. They do sell by the bucket and by the 1 or 2 lb. deli container's.

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:41pm
post #15 of 16

I live in Southern California and I asked at the Costco in my area and they said no, they don't sell it, I thought the same thing since it was sitting out.

Debbie

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #16 of 16

I live in Michigan and have been buying my frosting @ Sams Club. It is fairly inexpensive - I believe it was $9.48 for a 8lb bucket they are only in colors though. If you want white, you have to buy the 5 gallon bucket for $25.

aztomcat
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know if you have a Sam's Club....They do sell both buttercream and cream cheese by the bucket.

The cream cheese is good. I have to add flavorings to the buttercream

What flavorings do you add the the buttercream??

Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%