If Asked To Make This, How Would You Do It?

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 13 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm by sue_dye

Trixyinaz Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 9

It's the Polish Flag with the Eagle on it. If making the Eagle, would you use sugarpaste or royal icing? If sugarpaste, how would you go about making all the feathers? Some of them look like leafs. Do they have leave cutters that small do you think (pictures on line of cutters are so decieving). It will be going on an 8" round cake.

Also, how much would you charge for the eagle?
LL

8 replies
KoryAK Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 9

Is it just me? No pic shows and nowhere I can click to see it.

Trixyinaz Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 9

Odd, I can see it plain as day. let's try it this way....

PinkZiab Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 9

I would cut it out of fondant and do royal icing details. You don't necessarily need a cutter... print out a couple copies of the pic, and cut out sections of it, and use them as templates. You can make several large pieces (body, legs, wings, including the base row of large feathers, etc), and then layer the smaller feathers over to give it dimension

KoryAK Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 9

Maybe a chocolate transfer?

chutzpah Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 9

Cut it out of Rf and 'paint' the details.

julzs71 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 9

you could make it out of sugar paste, cut it with an exacto knife. For the coloring you could just shade the dark spots in.
You could also make it out of royal icing or a fbct.

all4cake Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:44pm
post #8 of 9

The daisy cutter(I used the plunger type) worked great for feathers when making the eagle wings...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/52155/normal_eagle2.jpg

I thought I had the close-up of them in my pics...

sue_dye Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #9 of 9

If it we're me I would do it with mmf in different layers. Here in one I did on a WWE cake that I have in my photos.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%