Where To Buy The Rosebud Cones For Gumpaste Roses?

Decorating By koppeskreations Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 4:51am by preciosa225

koppeskreations Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good website to buy the rosebud cones for gumpaste roses, or a simple way to make your own. I have a cake coming up with 100 roses on it.

Thanks
Nikki

8 replies
Hollysuann Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 9

Here's a tutorial on how to make them. Some have used hershey's kisses for the center part too. I always just make mine from gumpaste

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qqiNRkSQLf8

CakesByLJ Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 9

Hi Nikki, You can buy the styrofoam cones from www.nicholaslodge.com He carries three sizes.... hth

Cakepro Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 9

I'm sitting here waiting on Hurricane Ike to come, and made about 60 GP rose cones in less than an hour. I'm going to do another 60 and then make another triple batch of gumpaste. If we lose power, I'm going to have plenty of gumpaste work to do to keep me occupied. icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:28am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppeskreations

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good website to buy the rosebud cones for gumpaste roses, or a simple way to make your own. I have a cake coming up with 100 roses on it.

Thanks
Nikki

Sorry I don't get it but why would you buy the centers instead of just making them?

xstitcher Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:36am
post #6 of 9

I don't remember where but I read somewhere that jelly beans can be used too. Wish I could remember where I saw that!

ibmoser Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:54pm
post #7 of 9

CakePro and all others in the path of Ike - keeping my fingers crossed for you all - stay safe! Another couple of ideas for rose or peony centers --- First Impressions makes molds in three sizes for centers - you can use bits of leftover paste and have them on hand. In a class with Colette, we used the "cheap" small styrofoam balls - the kind with kinda large-textured air pockets - and pinched them into shape. This lightens the finished weight of the flower, and that type of styrofoam can easily be compacted into a cone shape. They are sold in a big range of sizes, too.

koppeskreations Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas. I thought too about making them but was worried about the weight. I will try Collettes method and see how that works. Thanks Nikki

preciosa225 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:51am
post #9 of 9

You can buy these from a few places online. Just do a google search for celbuds. I have seen them on globalsugarart.com; sugarart.com; makeawishcakeshop.co.uk; fondantsource.com and a lot of other websites but you have to research them because I haven't compared prices yet.

I hope this helps! I am thinking of getting them as well. I think it is great to make them yourself but there is just something to be said for the convenience of not having to wait for the buds to dry before you can begin making your flowers! Either way, enjoy making your roses! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%