Wedding Postponed

Decorating By luelue1971 Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 4:29pm by margaretb

luelue1971 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:14am
post #1 of 4

I had a wedding cake for a wedding this Friday afternoon. I found out today that the bride is having to have surgery tomorrow so the wedding is being postponed until next Saturday.

I had the cakes torted and filled. I put them in the freezer. Do you think they will be ok until next week or will I have to make more?

It's going to be a rough week next week as I already have another wedding and 2 birthday cakes scheduled.

3 replies
margaretb Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:38am
post #2 of 4

I think if the cakes are well wrapped, they should be fine. But if you decide you need to rebake, be matter of fact and business like when you inform them there will be an additional charge for the delay due to the fact that you will have to incur those costs twice.

luelue1971 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you, I discussed the new charges with her when she told me about the delay. She really expected to have to pay for the cakes twice. I told her that that would not be the case. She would only have to pay for the cost of the cake up to this point.

margaretb Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 4

I guess I got used to hearing about the nightmare customers who would have assumed you could easily change the date and would do so for free! Hope she gets everything arranged.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%