I'm Gonna Have To Get A Second Job To Fund My New Addiction

Baking By littlecake Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm by auntiecake

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:04am
post #1 of 15

of buying cookie cutters....................

icon_surprised.gif

do you ever "get enough"

14 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:25am
post #2 of 15

Yes, we know. As if the cake toys didn't break us already, now cookie toys - cutters, rolling pins, pastry boards, packaging, are starting to take up even more money room that we didn't really have in the first place.

We're all suffering from it. It's just a matter of time before they make a movie about it -

"The Cookie Cutter Collection That Cut Out The Midwest"

Theresa icon_smile.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:34am
post #3 of 15

How true and I went "toy" shopping just today! How true you are. LOL

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:14am
post #4 of 15

I agree. I've spent a bundle on cutters, bouquet containers, cutie thingies to put in bouquets, etc, etc. Was at hobby lobby this past weekend, and had to STOP myself from picking up so many cute things!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:30am
post #5 of 15

I've been wanting to try making cookies and decorating them so as soon as i get all my new toys i'll get a second job with you! icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:46am
post #6 of 15

I have lots and lots of containers sitting in a cupboard downstairs, bought when they were on sale last Christmas at Michaels. There's no way I can make enough cookies (without crippling my hand) to fill all the containers, but I couldn't resist!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 15

Oh believe me - its affecting upstate NY also. icon_smile.gif

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 15

I am a cookie cutter addict...whenever someone posts a new cutter site, I know my wallet will be a little lighter.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:36pm
post #9 of 15

Ditto!

I've been collecting since I was a young bride!

35years later and I am finally putting them to good use!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 15

Oh gosh-----I just walked through the Halloween decorations at Wal-Mart on wednesday and before I knew it I had 30 pails ($1 each) in my cart. That because I had more but figured 30 would be easier to explain to Dh than more.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:54am
post #11 of 15

I found my first Hobby Lobby yesterday down in N.C. I had a good time in the cookie section I will say.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 9:08pm
post #12 of 15

I am a cookie cutter addict.( and cake addict to )
I have more cutters then I can probably ever use , But I enjoy just having them ! I always think, I might need this one sometime,( as I buy another new one ) and sure enough a few yrs later I do ! LOL! But at least I have it when I need it !

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 9:10pm
post #13 of 15

cookiemookie.. You changed your avatar ! And just look at the mounds of creations there !

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 11:51pm
post #14 of 15

I've spent sooo much money on those darn cutters but I just can't stop. We need a support group! I love my addiction though (isn't it better than booze and gambling?) Somepeople collect stamps or coins. We collect cookie cutters. Who knows, maybe one day one of us will be famous and they can auction off all of our cutters for a great charity. icon_biggrin.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm
post #15 of 15

Wow my charity would love me then. LOL The auction would go on for days! That is funny!!!!! Maybe I need to bake cookies today. Aren't they worth more if they aren't used? LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%