Guys 30Th Birthday Cake Help

Decorating By cakesbyjulie2 Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 5:44am by aztomcat

cakesbyjulie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjulie2 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 1:00am
post #1 of 4

I am just starting to get cakes from people I have not made cakes for in the past and I am having a little trouble coming up with ideas or the appropraite questions to ask when someone says they want a special 30th birthday cake for their husband. I start by asking what their husbands hobbies are etc . I am on the right track right???

With all that said , Anyone have any ideas for a 30th birthday cake for a guy who really into cars?

Thanks
JULIE

3 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #2 of 4

I do the same thing - especially if I don't really know them. I first ask if they have anything particular in mind, usually they do. Then I ask personal questions about them - job, hobbies, favorite color, tv show WHATEVER... and try to come up with something from there.

You said he is "into" cars - is he into driving them, fixing them, collecting them etc...

If he is into working on and fixing them you could do a car cake with a tool box next to it and then you can use the tools candy mold to make the actual tools. Ohhh...that would be SO cute!! I'm getting excited for you!! Make sure you let us know what you end up doing.... I'm going to search for some car cakes for you!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:59am
post #3 of 4

I like janelwaters idea but like she said it all depends on what aspect of cars he likes, driving, fixing, racing etc.

I did a search for car in the galleries section and there were a lot of hits. Some were even of scarecrows (didn't know what that had to do with anything at first but then realized that the word "car" is in it!!). Maybe you can browse the gallery and see if anything inspires you!

Good luck!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:44am
post #4 of 4

I did this cake for a guy who was a fan of Subaru racing. It featured the car at the finish line............His name at the top. The car is an actual model of his favorite racer.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1004493

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%