Dog Themed Cupcakes?

Decorating By imagine76 Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 1:21am by imagine76

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 13

i'm doing some cupcakes for a friend and she's getting them dirt cheap. if i were charging more i'd make some that look like a dog buti really don't want to spend that kind of time. she suggested a paw print but 6 doz. paw prints might get a little monotonous i'm thinking?

anyone have a good simple doggie themed idea?

12 replies
Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 13

Do you have a small dog bone cookie cutter? You could cut out small bones out of fondant. Good luck. You do great work, I'm sure you will come up with something great.

RaYiTo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:03am
post #4 of 13

Well i like the dog bone idea as suggested by melonie...then you can do the pawprint and maybe a fire hydrant, cuz that would be funny, or even a simple collar on a swirl of icing... hope this helps...cant wait to see them icon_biggrin.gif

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:06am
post #5 of 13

star tip white frosting to look like a white westie, buy some ready made royal eyes, a brown or black m&m for the nose, and a flattened out piece of a pink starburst for the tongue.
FAMILY CIRCLE APRIL ISSUE COVER IS "PUPCAKES"
WWW DOT FAMILY CIRCLE DOT COM

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:14am
post #6 of 13

Don't know if this will help, but I did these and they were quick and easy:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1203162

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:19am
post #7 of 13

I did the pupcakes from the cover of the Family Circle magazine mentioned earlier- the Westies were very simple and very fast. I used mini m&ms for the eyes, jelly beans for the nose, mini marshmallows cut in half for the ears and easily did one cupcake in under a minute.
LL

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:26am
post #8 of 13

oops, I forgot to mention that I used a regular marshmallow cut in half to build the snout...and pink royal icing for the ears and tongue

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:47am
post #9 of 13

If you want fast and simple, the paw print would be so easy....or the bone out of fondant. Just cut those out a couple days ahead and it will seem like you put no time into it!

burgderb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burgderb Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:08am
post #10 of 13

check these out on Bakerella's web site she has all the instructions, not cupcakes but really really cute
LL

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:35am
post #11 of 13

burgderb, what is bakerella's web site? I checked her membername here and there isn't any info. I LOVE the doggie pops, are they just lollipops covered with fondant?

thanks for the info!

burgderb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burgderb Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:56pm
post #12 of 13

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

These are her famous cake pops, there are several threads on here discussing them. Her blog site is great always coming up with new ideas, and shares step by step instructions
I showed them to my 8 yr. old she was begging me to make them

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:21am
post #13 of 13

those are some very cute ideas. BUT how much would you charge for those doggie cupcakes. i think they have a yorkie -are those brown or grey?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%