What Would You Do Or Tell The Customer.

Business By topaz176 Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 12:58am by robinscakes

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 9

Did this ever happen to you ???

I have a order for a children party. Cakes and cupcakes.
Its for saturday and now I have the fever.
I do not think I can make it.
Help !!!!

8 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 9

I would rather be safe than sorry! I would hate to make someone sick! If I were the customer, I would understand. I don't want to eat anything made be someone sick.

You could just give them a call and explain the situation. I bet they'll understand. They may even still want them.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 9

The earlier you call them the better, that way they can make other arrangements. Maybe there is someone on here that can fill that order for you!

Better be safe than sorry - you don't want to accidentally get a bunch of kids sick.

Good luck and I really hope you feel better soon!

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:10am
post #4 of 9

I would cancel, in fact I did have this happen last year it was for my neighbors little girls party I called 3 days ahead and told her I was not able to make it because I was sick with a fever. our kids were best friends. and I had made her cakes numerous times before .... I would like to say she was understanding, but truthfully, that was the last time she ever willingly spoke to me and our kids never played again until they moved 6 months later. ok didn't mean to scare you lol but given the chance .... i would absolutely cancel again because I would not have wanted 20 sick kids because I didn't turn down an order I know I should not have filled.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:21am
post #5 of 9

As much as we love and need business, I would have to agree with everyone your health comes first and when your not 100% neither are your cakes. Give them a call and let them know how you fell, maybe you can offer a discount for their next order...if they ever come back. Sorry, feel better!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:22am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz176

Did this ever happen to you ???

I have a order for a children party. Cakes and cupcakes.
Its for saturday and now I have the fever.
I do not think I can make it.
Help !!!!

I would tell the truth.

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:38am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

I would cancel, in fact I did have this happen last year it was for my neighbors little girls party I called 3 days ahead and told her I was not able to make it because I was sick with a fever. our kids were best friends. and I had made her cakes numerous times before .... I would like to say she was understanding, but truthfully, that was the last time she ever willingly spoke to me and our kids never played again until they moved 6 months later. ok didn't mean to scare you lol but given the chance .... i would absolutely cancel again because I would not have wanted 20 sick kids because I didn't turn down an order I know I should not have filled.

Yes, I am going to call her in the morning.

Maybe she will not speak to me again for ruining all her plans.
But right now, I am going to sleep.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:44am
post #8 of 9

Sounds like the best thing to do. The sooner the better so that she can try to make other arrangements. I too think that offering some sort of a discount for a future cake would be a good idea. At least that way she may not be so upset and may ask you for another cake in the future. Who knows though she may be totally understanding too!

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:58am
post #9 of 9

If I were you I'd try to find another baker in the area who will take her order and then call and let her know there is a plan B. I'd hate to just leave someone hanging. Even though you legitimately can't do the cake through no fault of your own, you never know how she will react. You don't need someone trashing your name because she got upset over the situation.

Good luck and feel better!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%