Need To Price Cake Balls...

Decorating By diana83 Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 2:17am by shanasweets

diana83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diana83 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 4

icon_surprised.gif so someone ask if i can make 36 of them and i don't know how mcuh i should charge for it. and also do alot of people here use cake mix intead of making it from scratch? for the ball or for cakes.

3 replies
shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 4

depending on size, I consider balls , cupcake size and truffles bite size. I can get aprox 24-36 cake balls per cake receipe. So I normally charge 25.00 for 9x13 cake. So I sell these cake balls same price. I did do a christmas tree that where size of truffles and used 10 in tall cone to stick them to. I only charged 10.00 for it, but would probably charge 15.00 now. I try to use cake scraps as much as possible. I will freeze my cake scrapes to save for balls.

diana83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diana83 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 4

ok then i was talking about truffles, the bite size how much? for 9...
thanks for helping me.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:17am
post #4 of 4

personally, I guess if your using scraps and not making this up special just for one client. I would say less than 5.00. But its different if you are making them special. There was a link, it which people talked about these more not to long a go . I am not so good at the search engine.

I did see this cool website where the lady does alot of cake truffles. Darn I have a new computer and don't have saved. It was like bakerella or something. she made mini cupcakes on a stick as cake balls. I have to search some and find it.

found it, she has alot of cool stuff.

www.bakerella.blogspot.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%