I Have An Idea For My Husbands Birthday Cake,

Decorating By Beaches Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 12:59am by Deb_

Beaches Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 3

He loves cheesecake more than regular cake. However I want to decorate it. I found a solution so I think, you all let me know what you think ok?

Paula Deen had a show on with a chocolate layer cake with cheesecake layer on the other day. So...

I'm going to make two square 8" chocolate cakes and one square 8" cheesecake. Layer them with the cheesecake in the middle. Frost with black or chocolate buttercream frosting smooth to look like a record. Get from my local grocery store an ediable image of the KISS album that I printed out for the top of the cake.

What do you think? Can I pull it off?

2 replies
sadiepix Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 3

Sure. icon_smile.gif
Lots of folks here have frosted cheesecakes to great success, so you should be fine.
Do be sure your cake part on the bottom is firm enough to support the cheesecake layer so it does not smash it down/settle over time.

If you think it might do that, then maybe just do a 2 layer, with the cheesecake on the bottom, or do cheesecake, then a layer of cake, then a yummy filling, then the last cake layer.

Good luck, it sounds like a great idea.

Deb_ Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:59am
post #3 of 3

Your'e so lucky that your DH loves cheesecake.....I think mine is the only one that doesn't icon_sad.gif

I love the cake idea. Sadiepix has a point though, the bottom layer being strong enough to support the cheesecake and top cake layers. How about doing a "cheesecake" type filling? That wouldn't be as heavy. Or, like she suggested a cheesecake on the bottom with 1 cake layer on top of that. Maybe with a nice raspberry chambord filling between the two layers.

O.K. I'm making myself hungry, I need to go dip into my Jodief's caramal stash in my fridge....be right back icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%