How Would You Transport This Dummy Cake?

Decorating By wendalynn11 Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 10:33pm by wendalynn11

wendalynn11 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 5

I am bringing this cake to a show 3 hours away and my husband is convinced I should disassemble the whole thing and then remake it at the show. It is a dummy with RI and fondant, some of the figures I have removed and wrapped up but I really don't want to take the whole thing apart as it will ruin the walls and may ruin many of the figures. I have to drive a small sedan there and the cake will go in the trunk. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

It won't let me attach the pic but it is the toy box pic in my pictures.

Thanks!!

4 replies
Hollysuann Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 5

If I looked at the right cake...I don't see why you would pull it apart to transport it. Are the animals attached to the top solidly? How about the animals and blocks that are on the board? Are they glued down? If so, I would transport it just like it is.

kakeladi Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 5

I don't see any reason to take it apart. I have transported similar cakes -- wedding cakes 3 & 4 tiers high stacked -- w/o problems. You just have to drive like an old woman -- very carefullyicon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 5

Shoot no you don't have to take it apart. I transport dummy cakes to shows all the time. Six or eight cakesat a tiime in the back of my SUV.

wendalynn11 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the replies, I was not looking forward to taking it apart. I will just pack up the figures that are loose and drive like my grandmother!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%