Paypal Questions

Business By pastrylady Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 6:35pm by summernoelle

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 8

I am thinking of signing up for paypal. I've had a few close calls lately with final payment checks arriving on time. I'd like to make things as convenient as possible for my clients, so I'd like to give them the option of paying through my website.

I've looked at paypal's website and read a few forums here at cc and still have one additional question. Since every cake is priced individually, how do they "buy" through paypal? Since they can't just click on a item to buy, how does paypal know how much to charge them? Would I have to create an item for every cake I sell?

I hope this question makes sense....

7 replies
taniabanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taniabanana Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 8

Hello,

I have issued invoices via Paypal for my overseas customers, they then just click on the email they receive, sign in and pay. It is very simple for them, and as loads of people know Paypal they trust it. It is good for you because you can track who paid what and when. The only thing is, you will have to create an invoice for each customer but i think you can store a template and just change what you need to.
HTH!
x

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 8

My customers all pay their final balance by paypal. I provide the link and they just fill out the amount they want to send me. Some customers send payments monthly. Couldn't be easier.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 8

You can either send an e-mail invoice to your customers, or give them your paypal account info and tell them how much to pay.

I have only had to send one invoice... the rest of the time when I e-mail out a quote, I include my paypal account info, and let them know that no date is secured until I have received a 50% deposit. Usually, they pay me in full.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 8

If you want to see how mine works, just go to my website and click on the make a payment button. Just stop before you send me money. Or not.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 8

You can either send them an invoice through PayPal or they can pay you directly if they know your PayPal email address. Easy as pie!

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Just stop before you send me money. Or not.

Leahs, the check is in the mail!!! icon_lol.gif

Thanks everyone.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 8

I use Paypal with 99% of my clients, and it's awesome! You can even receive a debit card through them to use just like you would use a credit card, so you don't have to deal with transfering money between accounts. It's been super helpful for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%