For Those Of You Who Make Fondant Figures

Decorating By karateka Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 10:13am by Charmaine49

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:06am
post #1 of 3

When you do those babies sleeping on their tummies with their little bottoms in the air and covered with a blanket (like on the top of a baby shower cake) do you make the whole baby? I'm wondering if I need to do that since they will be covered by a blanket. Do people look under there? icon_redface.gif

Maybe a dumb question, but was just curious. You always see the baby's head, but the rest is covered, so I never knew whether the whole baby was made or if it was just a suitably shaped lump of fondant with no clothes or detail.

2 replies
amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:26am
post #2 of 3

I've only made a couple, but never made the "body" so to speak since no one was going to look under there. My first one though, I decided to use a white blanket but rolled the fondant a little too think so you could kinda see through it.....lesson learned for me icon_smile.gif

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:13am
post #3 of 3

I have made a few babies and I just mold a piece of fondant to give you the impression of a body underneath. If it is covered, don't think you need to worry about putting impressions etc. I feel it is only when the baby is going to lie open that you need worry about impressions etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%