Use Cookie Cutters With Designs On Them?

Baking By Edee Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm by mbelgard

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:44am
post #1 of 12

I was wanting to buy some new cookie cutters and was looking at the plastic ones that have the design already on them like the picture below, has anyone used these and do they work okay? Does the picture actually hold up during the whole process? Do you have pictures of where you have used them?
LL

11 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:53am
post #2 of 12

icon_confused.gif I don't know if it's just me, but I don't see a picture. Do you have a link?

Edee Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:57am
post #3 of 12

I don't know what is wrong with the pic, here is a link to the first one I could find.

http://us.four.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auction=1217966163-26324-1&mo=auction&from=froogle

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:25am
post #4 of 12

Okay, now I know what you're talking about. If you use a recipe like a shortbread recipe (or the NFSC should work) your design should come out fine. Be careful not to roll too thick or the dough will get stuck inside the design.

Sorry, don't have any pictures. From time to time there is a lady on Ebay called, Nothinbutcrumbs. She does amazing work using that type of cutter. She posts pictures of her cookies with the cutters. Unfortunately, there isn't anything on there now.

Edee Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 12

anyone else have tips, suggestions?

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 12

Sorry, but can't see the picture and can't acces the link...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 6:16pm
post #8 of 12

I spray them with Pam, and then dip in flour. Be sure to bang any clods of flour out of the cutter before you cut any cookies.
I use them at Halloween and Christmas, the cutters are so nostalgic for me.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm
post #9 of 12

Are they like what they call patchwork cutters?

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:42pm
post #10 of 12

Or what you could do is bake the cookie and then use this cutter on MMF and put it on the cookie. That would be really cute.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:44pm
post #11 of 12

they're not patchwork cutters they're just regular plastic cookie cutters with some of the "details" outlined for you already.......I have some christmas and easter ones too and they do work with the nfsc recipe

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #12 of 12

Dip them in flour before you use them to cut the dough. I grew up using these and while they aren't quite as easy as the open cutters since dought gets stuck in them they do work fine most of the time. You do have to roll the dough out to the right thickness, too thick it won't cut right and will get the dough stuck but if it's too thin you won't get the design imprinted.

My mother had TONS of them and she has given all of us some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%