Please Help Me Make Up My Mind

Decorating By Peeg Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 1:16am by lorrieg

Peeg Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:59am
post #1 of 9

Should I invest the money in the DVD's from Jennifer Dontz? I trust your opinions. Thanks.

8 replies
Cakepro Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #2 of 9

Um, YES! They are awesome and very inexpensive. Jennifer is a great teacher and her DVD is excellent.

Sherri

lorrieg Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:13am
post #3 of 9

YES!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Price Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 9

Peeg, I have all 3 of Sugarshack's DVDs and I also have Jennifer's. I love them all. I can't wait for new DVDs from them both! They have all been worth every penny.

lorrieg Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 9

I have them all as well and will buy future dvds from both of them. I think they should produce them faster. It is kind of like waiting for a new book from a favourite author. icon_lol.gif

Cyndi1207 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 9

I have been wanting to buy them and show them to my employees. Which two do you recommend to start with?

lorrieg Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:12am
post #7 of 9

hmmmm, kind of depends what you do more of.
For stacking- Sharon's
For smoothing buttercream- sharon's
For fondant that looks good, tastes great- Jen's
For fondant with a bit of a different twist on Jen's- sharon's
for beautiful fondant touches- Jen's & Sharon's.

If you could buy all 5 I think it would be money well spent. Really. icon_smile.gif

Cyndi1207 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:27am
post #8 of 9

Well we do a lot more fondant----but we really stray from buttercream since we're all horrible at it. So a buttercream one is a given. I do need a fondant one----you recomment Jen's?

lorrieg Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:16am
post #9 of 9

It's weird, I learned a lot from both of them. Different things. Jen's deals more with her chocolate fondant and how to work with it and Sharon's is fondant out of the bucket. If you do a lot of pearls and moulding Jen's recipe works well with it.

Hmmm... I really can't choose between the fondant ones. Maybe someone else here can comment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%