Help!!!

Business By hecteli Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 5:33pm by pastrylady

hecteli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hecteli Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #1 of 5

I have a question>> Do I have to have a officialbusiness to register a name??? If anyone can help, I'm open to answersto my question..Thanks

4 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #2 of 5

You don't have to be offically in business to get a business name, at least not in this state. Contact your secretary of states office or look online and see what it says

hecteli Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 5

What state are u in, I'm in Texas. Thanks for the info..

hecteli Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 5

What state are u in, I'm in Texas. Thanks for the info..

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 5

If you're going to have a website, you might also want to do a web search on the business name. You'll want to see if the URL is already taken.

I wanted my web address to be the same as my business name. Before registering a name I searched all the potential names on line and settled on one that still had the URL available. Then, I registered several versions of the name (with and without "the", .com and .net) before I did anything else.

I found it's harder to find something that's not already out there as a website name than something that's not already registered in your state. If anyone, anywhere is the world, is already using a version of that name in their web address, they'll come up every time someone does an online search for your business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%