Peanutbutter Balls...

Sugar Work By clayberrycakes Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 10:37pm by grannys3angels

clayberrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clayberrycakes Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:35am
post #1 of 18

how long will they stay good after you make them?

17 replies
mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:45am
post #2 of 18

oh my goodness, these are the bomb, especially dipped in chocolate.....oh, i haven't had those in years, and now i'm reallyyyyyy craving them!

we would always just have ours in a tupperware...never in the fridge.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:52am
post #3 of 18

BUCKEYES!

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Balls

I have kept them in the freezer in a tupperware container for a few months and not had a problem with them.

Barb

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:57am
post #4 of 18

that WOULD be the correct term..i'd forgotten all about that. i was raised calling them something completely different, something that i would never repeat now that i realize what i would be saying...regardless, they are the ultimate "need milk" dessert!!!!!!

starla

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:13am
post #5 of 18

I had just recently taken some out of the freezer that I had made for last Christmas and they were still okay. I kept them in a tupperware container.

clayberrycakes Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:51am
post #6 of 18

thanks for your help..Ronda

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:43am
post #7 of 18

Hi All!

These sound delicious! My kids are huge peanut butter fans (at least they got something from me icon_lol.gif ) and who doesn't like chocolate?lol:

Would any of you be willing to share the recipe and if you have any tips for dipping into chocolate (I've never worked with chocolate unless you can call lifting chocolae to my mouth work!!)I would be eternally grateful!

icon_biggrin.gif

TIA

adikhawaja1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adikhawaja1 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:02am
post #8 of 18

these sound really good!!! would any of you mind sharing this recipe? I've never heard of these before and i love peanut butter!!
please!? icon_cry.gif
thanks a bunch!! icon_wink.gif

clayberrycakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:10pm
post #9 of 18

1 lb bag powdered sugar
1 cup peanutbutter
melted butter
almond bark chocolate

powdered sugar and peanutbutter in bowl
add melted butter in small amounts
mix til you can form a ball and does not crumble
dip in chocolate let set

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:48am
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayberrycakes

1 lb bag powdered sugar
1 cup peanutbutter
melted butter
almond bark chocolate

powdered sugar and peanutbutter in bowl
add melted butter in small amounts
mix til you can form a ball and does not crumble
dip in chocolate let set

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:13am
post #11 of 18

YUMMMM!!!!!! icon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing the recipe. Can't wait to make them. My kids love peanut butter. icon_lol.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:23am
post #12 of 18

I use basically the same recipe as xstitcher, except I use softened butter, rather than melted. I also add one or more of the following to the peanut butter mixture: shaved chocolate, crushed graham crackers, chopped dried cherries.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:11am
post #13 of 18

Rice Krispies are great to add also.

I'm fairly certain this is a waaaay old way of doing the chocolate, may even be reprimanded for it, but it's the only way I know how to do it. I shave some paraffin wax into a double boiler, let it melt, then add milk chocolate chips. The paraffin thins the chocolate.

armywife99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife99 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:39am
post #14 of 18

my MIL adds coconut to hers and my hubby like chunky peanut butter so that's what i use to make mine.

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 1:36am
post #15 of 18

I use this recipe... except I substitute rice crispies for the corn flakes. I really think the powdered milk adds to them..

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Peanut-Butter-and-Chocolate-Balls-1318

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:11pm
post #16 of 18

No offense ladies, but as a die hard BUCKEYE - it seems wrong to add anything the peanut butter icon_surprised.gif

I am sure everything is good but only the original recipe allowed in this house.

In fact if I can drag my sorry but off the couch right now, I am getting ready to make some now.

Barb

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:17pm
post #17 of 18

The file I have that says treats has a few recipes for the p.b balls I believe!
You can keep them almost 4ever in tupperware in the freezer if they last that long !! I make them every yr and always have to make at least 3-4 batches as they keep getting eaten as I make them LOL!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:37pm
post #18 of 18

I love these things and my children will push you out of the way to get them. I make them every Christmas for sure.

Growing up in Lorain, Ohio we did call them buckeyes, I live here in Kentucky for over 31 years...not till I came here did I here them called peanut butter balls.

I use one bag of PS
1 cup of peanut butter
melted butter
1 bag of 12oz. Chirardelli milk chot and semi-sweet chot chips, I dip some milk and some semi-sweet.
And about a 1/2 block of shaved paraffin wax (depends on how thin I want the chot.)

A friend of mine, makes this way, but will also do them with the peanut butter chips and butterscotch chips. They all taste great!

God Bless & Happy Holidays,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%