1St B-Day Music Cake

Decorating By julitre1 Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 1:56pm by lilyanddayne

julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:30am
post #1 of 7

Hi all! I've had a request for a little girls first birthday cake. They want it to feed only 10 people, and are requesting something girlie and fun with music in it, like a piano or music notes. Does anyone have an idea for this cake? I keep coming up with designs, but they look more like a tween cake and not a first birthday cake. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #2 of 7

You know those little baby pianos that have like abc's and 123's on the keys. You could do a small square cake carved to look like one of those and do it in sweet little girlie colors....??

julitre1 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:13am
post #3 of 7

oh, I like that idea. how much do you think I should charge for a little cake like that? I can't believe she wants it so small. icon_sad.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:26am
post #4 of 7

It depends on where you are located but I would probably charge 2 or 2.50 a serving, depending on how much time and details are involved. Please post a pic when you're done. My son will be 1 in Nov and I've been trying for at least the last 3 months to decide what to do for his big day. He's the first boy, we have 3 older girls, so I was trying to think of a "boyish" theme. He really reallly really LOVES Baby Einstein dvd's though. The Mozart one is his fav. Anyway, I was thinking that maybe I should do something to do with that. I'd really like to see your finished product!! icon_lol.gif

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #5 of 7

I found this online, you could make a smaller version... Image

julitre1 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:20am
post #6 of 7

lol, that's cute......

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:56pm
post #7 of 7

What about a music box with a tiny little ballet dancer? Like a small jewelry box with the lid that goes up and the wind up key on the side to make the dancer twirl. Then get some beads and fake jewels at walmart (toys) to put in the compartments. Pinks and lavenders, glitter, luster dust, edible glitter... that's all I got!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%