My Tiramisu Cake With Marscapone Filling.

Baking By jessfmaldonado Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 5:51am by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:21pm
post #31 of 38

Thanks cupcakemkr!!!

I am " Really " considering making this cake this weekend for my mom's bday. I want this cake to be just GREAT!!!

Thanks
Rhonda

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:38pm
post #32 of 38

THis sounds sooo delish!!! I am trying this over the week end for a party I am going to!!! Never made SMBC before so wish me luck

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:31pm
post #33 of 38

mcdonald - here is a great thread on making smbc - you'll love smbc!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-594605.html

good luck with your cake icon_smile.gif

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:45pm
post #34 of 38

Hope you like it Rhonda and Mcdonald!!!!

I just had to make Tiramisu cupcakes for a function I attended. I made other cupcakes as well, however, these were the first to disappear! LoL, next time I need to make double the amount. LOL.

Jessica icon_smile.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:19pm
post #35 of 38

Thanks for the link for the icing tips!!! I know I will need as much help as I can get!!!!

Rhonda19 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:12pm
post #36 of 38

I can't find espresso..(I know I spelled that wrong).. and I looked every where!!! Can you use strong coffee for a sub??

Thanks

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:20pm
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda19

I can't find espresso..(I know I spelled that wrong).. and I looked every where!!! Can you use strong coffee for a sub??

Thanks

Yes you can, Just try to use a good quality coffee.

Jessica icon_smile.gif

Rhonda19 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 5:51am
post #38 of 38

I just wanted to let you all know that I made this cake this weekend and though I hit quite a few rough spots while trying to make it.....it still turned out pretty good.

First, I live in a very small town and couldn't find the expresso powder. So, I had to use some extremely strong coffee I made, plus the coffee liquer someone else had mentioned.

Second, after I got my cakes baked, cooled, and put my simple syrup mixture on them...I began to make ( for the first time ) the SMBC. Guess what?? no hand mixer!!! I wanted to just scratch the entire thing. But I didn't!!

I made my buttercream that I use on most of my cakes ( it's different than regular buttercream) and then I put my coffee mixture in that.

Long story short.... Everyone said it was a very good cake, but they couldn't taste the coffee in it ! So I was a little disappointed at the way it turned out...and that was my fault!

I am just one of these people who can't tell what flavors will go good together. Which is another reason I had such a hard time. I think I will start a thread and ask how you tell which flavors will go good with others.

I am just one of these people that must have an exact recipe, and then next time I will read it completely before I try it out to make sure I have ALL the ingredients!!!

Thanks Everyone!
Rhonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%