Dust Gripe! ~Vent~

Decorating By Swede-cakes Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 1:34am by Swede-cakes

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 3

I was just finishing an electric guitar cake for a Hannah Montana birthday, and I accidently knocked over my little jars of edible sparkle (yes, they were open as I was just about to use them) icon_cry.gif

The only thing I had left in my box of tricks were two vials of pearl dust. I wished I hadn't done this, but I did...I tried to sprinkle it like glitter on the cake. Even putting a little in my palm, and using a soft brush to gently brush it off over the cake didn't work. Little dust piles dot the guitar now! Oh, frickenfracken! I blew off the extra but it's not the way I'd wanted this cake to look. Too late to do anything else, as I have to deliver the cake (and my daughter) to the party.

The cake came out ok, but not the way I'd hoped. One of those that made me nervous about what they'd think of it.

Mama, said there'll be days like this... icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:45am
post #2 of 3

My condolences on the loss of your lustre dusts. icon_eek.gif

You'll probably be finding sparkle till the day you move. But the good news is the cake turned out okay! icon_biggrin.gif

Mamas are usually right. confound them!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:34am
post #3 of 3

OK! That's really weird! I finally get a chance to check this thread and when I see my post...half my post is missing. icon_confused.gif After my words become GIGANTIC and BLUE, there's an entire paragraph missing! Honest...I wasn't trying to pass along a secret code or anything. Geesh. Anyway... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%