Why, Oh Why

Lounge By chutzpah Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 1:48am by sweettoothmom

chutzpah Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 22

..... do I always get the grocery cart with the retarded wheel?

21 replies
sweettoothmom Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 22

You must be the one who gets that damned thing right after me!

Between the retarded wheel or wheels, the cost of flour, butter and eggs I am about ready to start drinkin' icon_twisted.gif

kettlevalleygirl Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 22

I was thinking about wine at about 9am this morning when my recently laid off son ran up the stairs and said he has water dripping down from his ceiling, the pipes in our bedroom bathroom area have been leaking for a while!
Luckily the plumber came out this morning and hopefully fixed it, now we just have to talk to the plumbing co. that put it in/or insurance...ain't life grand??
I really like Chardonnay!

barbaranoel Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:02am
post #4 of 22

Do I always have to get in the lane behind the slowest drivers, and it doesn't matter if I change lanes then that lane will go slow too! icon_cry.gif

kettlevalleygirl Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:22am
post #5 of 22

I am enjoying my Chardonnay right now....
I always pick the slowest line at the border going down to the USA!
Even if it is the shortest, the guards will change or something!
Life is like that!
Gotta love it!

MichelleM77 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #6 of 22

Ugh, I got that darn cart at the grocery store today! I guess I can't complain since hubby does the shopping any other time, but I had to make a special run for cake ingredients and darn it got the bad cart! LOL!

kettlevalleygirl Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 2:50am
post #7 of 22

I had a great cart today at Safeway!! and walked right to a check out, that was empty! Must have been making up for yesterday!!

Ironbaker Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:00am
post #8 of 22

...and pick the worst line at checkout. It looks short but you didn't realize every person in front of you needs a price check or is writing a check.

sweettoothmom Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 22

Well ladies this one tops it all.

I went to the store today (I dont know why they never have what anyone needs) and got the cart with three retarded wheels and the seat for my daughter was wet and cracked. I didnt notice until i sat her down in it and it pinched a blood blister on her tiny little leg. I literally had to pull the seat away from her. It bite her I tell ya!
It had been raining here this morning and that explains the wet seat. I HOPE!!!!

Then as I carried my screaming child through the store to find only 3 of the 6 items we needed. I notice the lights flickering. I hurry to the checkout as our store only has windows across the front of the store and no emergency lighting that i could see throughout the store. I go to pay using my card and BAM. The lights go out. THe loud Bam was the transformer outside blowing. It was LOUD!!!! My daughter screamed it scared her to death and her screaming really scared me. I clung to her and she to me. I fumbled for my checkbook and just wrote a check in order to get out of there. My daughter still screaming clinging to me like a monkey. I grab my bags and head to the door. I am know deaf and frustrated and stressing about her little leg and if she will ever want to return to the store with me EVER again. I reach the doors with hundreds of things running through my head to find the doors are electric and wont open. I turn around and alert the cashier to this problem and she tells me that the only other way out is to walk throught the entire store to the backdoor and exit using the emergency exit. I head into the darkness after grabbing a pen light they had on the counter. My daughter is now screaming "home Home Home". I wanted to join her truth be known. We find the emergency door only to find a snot nosed box boy waiting to turn me around because no one leaves until the lights are returned and we can compare everyones bags to thier receipts. I lost it on that poor boy. I firmly placed my foot between his and told him if he didnt move I would shove his manhood up between his ears. He moved and I said meekly "I am sorry" and ran out the backdoor, daughter and bags in hand.
THe local fire department and police awaiting me as I rounded the corner to the front of the store where my vehicle and the blown transformer await me.
I asked the cops to check my bags and reciept full knowing that box boy is going to tattle on me. They assured me everything was fine. THe baby is still crying and has a runny nose and is doing that hard sniffle sob thing that happens when you have been crying for so long. A fire man my husband knows came over and told her she could turn on the sirens on the truck and she loved that idea then the sirens turned on. You guessed it she wailed!!!!! I thanked him for trying, thanked the officer and the store manager who finally came out and apologized for the seat and the box boy and the lack of emergency lights.
As I drove away from the store my vehicle doesnt feel quite right. So I pulled over and my tire was flat. I changed it and started for home. My daughter is now sniffling in her sleep, she cried herself to sleep in her car seat. I pull into the drive to the house noticing my gate is open. I NEVER leave my gate to the yard open. I go around back and the city is turning off the water to our home.
I am up to here with life and ready to go POSTAL on this poor elderly man. I think he must have seen the fire in my eyes because he started backing up FAST. I am all of 5' 3" and 125 lbs with my boots on soaking wet with quarters in my back pocket. Dark hair and dark eyes. I asked him very stearnly to join me in the front of the house. He started to speak and I held up one finger as if to say 'SHUT IT!". He must be married because he totally understood it. He lowered his head and followed me to the front of the house. I checked on my daughter safely still sleeping in the vehicle. Then I whipped around to ask him what the heck he was doing. I noticed he came throught the gate and closed it behind him, this time, and I thanked him for that. He goes to his truck and grabs the paperwork stating he was to turn off the water to the house located at XXX CR 83 E. . I almost fell over, I gasped and was immediately in tears. Then I started laughing. He must have thought I was a raving loon. His look of confusion and fear was evident. I grabbed his forearm and apologized as i composed myself. I explained that we had a horrendous day and that the city had a abnd of idiots who allowed the county to name our road CR East and CR West. Both CR's have the same house numbers. The East road is one CR over (about 5 miles difference). At first he didnt believe me and about that time I noticed the mail man coming up the road. I said if ytou dont believe me ask him. He said he would and went and sat in his truck and got on his radio. I am pretty sure he was retreating to get away from the CRAZY lady.
He got off the radio and came over to me apologizing that he had made a mistake and that he would reconnect the water supply.
I ran inside with my daughter placed her in her warm bed out of the rain. I scrambled in the fridge for a THANk YOU Candy bar I made recently. I ran out handed it to him, gave him a hug and apologized again.

AS he left I realized he had forgotten to close the gate. I walked over to close the gate and trying to laugh it off I also realize my horse stall is open snd she isnt in the yard. I am sure she slipped out while I was in the house and he was reconnecting the water.

I caught her in the corn field about 150 yards from the road. I twisted my ankle and rode her back home. Which she doesnt like bare back. I placed her back in stall with a little scolding. Locked the door, went throught the gate. CLOSED IT! Then as ia rounded the house I notice that my window has something on it. My sweet little girl foudn the eggs I gathered this a.m.. She had thrown a few against the wall and window in an attempt to make a basket in the nerf basket located above the window.
I have finished cleaning that and her up. I have a cake in the oven and YES I am drinking! When my husband gets home tonight I will listen quietly to his recounting of his day. THen I will explain to him why his wife is DRUNK.
OH great my mother in law and the coven of sister in laws is now calling. Where is that other bottle......................

MichelleM77 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:06pm
post #10 of 22

Oh my goodness! I don't know whether to cry or laugh with you! I'll give you my drink too...you deserve it! LOL!

chutzpah Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:09pm
post #11 of 22

Sweet Jesus hunny, I'd have offed myself.

sweettoothmom Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 6:46pm
post #12 of 22

icon_eek.gif Oh chutzpah I hope not. You are so dag gum funny, I would miss ya!

Now let me just say if someone calls and asks me to do anything for them today. I will probably just laugh my head off and hang up.

This is why God invented really good margaritas and pina coladas.

Shelle_75 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 8:27pm
post #13 of 22

Sweet Tooth, all I can say after reading about your day is HO-LY CRAP.

I hope it gets better. And I hope you're not hung over.

mocakes Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:46pm
post #14 of 22

Oh MY, Sweetthoothmom....that just sounds like a bad soap opera episode!!

kettlevalleygirl Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:31am
post #15 of 22

Oh sweettoothmom, you deserve the wine!! You are amazing, changing a tire in addition to everything else....
You win the prize! I also hope you don't have a hangover....

mbelgard Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:32pm
post #16 of 22

I can't figure out why the vehicles always break or get flat tires while I'm driving them.

They never even act up when my mechanic husband has them. icon_mad.gif

Tuesday I was in a right turn lane, it's a smaller town but it was almost noon, when the car just died. Even the lights wouldn't come on. My husband drives that car almost every day but it had to break while I had it. icon_cry.gif

alanaj Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm
post #17 of 22

Wow, I am sitting here incredibly pregnant and feeling like this child will never come out. I am cancelling the rest of my pity party in your honor, sweettoothmom. I will never complain again. Well that's a bald faced lie but at least I'll think of you when I start whining!

sweettoothmom Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 7:34pm
post #18 of 22

you just complain all you want. I know that forever pregnant feeling. IT IS AWEFUL!!

Thanks for all the support everyone I am sure it will be great when I go to my first AA meeting to share I have such a great support group icon_lol.gif

My husband held my hand as I cried and told him what happened that day. I looked up from my tears and saw is face was bright red. He was trying so hard not to laugh. My jaw fell open and I wanted to scream but he started laughing nad apologizing and I started laughing hysterically too. So it all ended good. No hang over I only had one to settle my nerves but man I could have polished that bottle off easy easy!

Jasmine33 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:24pm
post #19 of 22

Awww sweetie! That story is so terrible, yet so funny! Hope you have a better day today!!

mkolmar Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:24pm
post #20 of 22

OMG sweettoothmom, that sounds like a day you would see in a movie. Those are the kinds of days that I break into my alcohol that I cook with and drink it instead.

ChristianCakeBaker Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:02am
post #21 of 22

it doesnt compare to sweettoothmom... but i, too, am always the victim of the retarted buggy. one time my buggy wheel had a hairball in it... dont know how it happened- but it was one of the biggest nastiest hair balls i have ever seen.

anywho-just thought i'd share icon_biggrin.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:48am
post #22 of 22

Oh dear god that is so nasty! Doesnt it strike anyone strange that states regulate how clean the store floors are and the deli counter etc but they could care less about how clean your buggy is. I watched a lady pick up her child from the buggy with diaherhhea flowing out of his little diaper and she alerted the clerk to the mess and then embarrassed left the store. I dont blame her poor little thing. But then the clerk had the nerve to puch the nasty cart back into the rack with the rest of the carts. I was shocked. I went home stewed about it and finally called the corporate office. They said that the state doesnt regulate it so they cant do anything about it. NASTY!!!!!!
I do not shop thier anymore. I lived in a town that the manager himself twice a month took every cart out in hte parking lot and washed them with soap and water and a scrub brush. i loved that store. So clean you just felt good shopping there. Why cant stores have that pride in thier establishment? Why doesnt our govt. require cleanliness with no slacking?
WHY OH WHY!!!!! Oh and I suppose they could also fix the gosh darned retarded wheels for Chutzpah as well! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%