Help - Buying Sps For 1St Time... Very Confused!!!

Decorating By Pama2d Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 5:27pm by dragonflydreams

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 12

Hi Everyone...

I'm getting ready to purchase the SPS system for the first time for an upcoming wedding cake. I've looked on the Global Sugar Art site, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be buying as nothing actually states its the SPS system. From looking under the tiered cakes column, I'm assuming they are the plates made by Bakery Crafts, but not 100% sure. Also... I didn't see anything offered for a 6" or 8" round cake. I'm making a 12,10,8, & 6' cake. Can anyone tell me another source to purchase this from or if I'm looking at the wrong info through Global... maybe you can direct me to the correct information. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

11 replies
vanillabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanillabean Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 12

I am with you here! icon_confused.gif I cannot figure it out either, and I need to order it soon.

Pama2d Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 12

Hopefully someone who uses it regularly will respond soon!!!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 12

I ordered it from Oasis.....

www.oasisupply.com/Products/Products.asp

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:01am
post #6 of 12

If you are looking at Globals site, click on Bakery Craft , then pillars and plates. The page I am looking at says on the columns SPS, the plates that follow are for those columns. The plates range in size from 6 to 16 inch in the round ones. The columns come in packages. They have one main piece which is the column you would see and then sections to push into that piece to make the column taller. There is a little round cap that fits over the top to hide where the column goes into the cake., it is just to make it look more finished . When using the system take your plate and place in on the cake you want to mark for placement, in otherwords ifyou have a 10 inch cake and are placing an 8 inch plate on it, just center the 8 inch plate on your 10 and lightly press, this will give you a guide once you attach your columns to the plate.The main column will only fit one way, you will then take the smaller pieces and fit them to the size you need. The pieces just snap in. The main column can be the 5 inch that will show , the other pieces are the extension that goes down inside the cake. Once you have assembled all four attach them to the bottom of your plate making sure they are pushed in all the way. Then turn the plate over, and using your markings as a guide, push in the plate, making sure to stand over the top and push straight in, in otherwords don't push down at an angle or your columns will be tilted, and thats it. You are ready to put your cake on the plate. One last little tidbit. The plates have what I call a little titty in the center of the plate, it is there for a reason. I usually take my cake board first and center it on the plate and push down so it will make a hole in the center of the board, I then put my cake on and ice, when you are ready, take the cake and place on the plate, you may have to adjust it a little until the board falls into the hole you have made. I do this because sometimes the weight of the cake will not penetrate that little titty, and it will rock because it is not secure. Your other way is to take a dowel and you will have to make a hole in the cake and push the dowel in the center of the cake until you hear or feel it snap into place. I hope this is not too confusing. Good Luck.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:51am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlevalleygirl

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=594903&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

this thread may help you Leahs is the queen of SPS

I PMed Leahs weeks ago with my email address requesting the info and she never responded. Kind of felt snubbed.

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:19am
post #8 of 12

This is Leahs signature line right now:
"Sooo now the email is working again, but I think I broke my PM capability. Ahhh . . .technology. If you want SPS instructions send an EMAIL. "
It has been this for a while, I'm sure she isn't snubbing you. Try again,her instructions are great!

Pama2d Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks Cupcake for the info.... I just ordered everything I needed!!!

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkait

This is Leahs signature line right now:
"Sooo now the email is working again, but I think I broke my PM capability. Ahhh . . .technology. If you want SPS instructions send an EMAIL. "
It has been this for a while, I'm sure she isn't snubbing you. Try again,her instructions are great!

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I will try again. thumbs_up.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm
post #11 of 12

Hey guys...I hope you were able to get your stuff ordered. Leahs was displaced by hurricane Ike. She wouldn't ignore you!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:27pm
post #12 of 12

. . . yes, Leahs is down with Ike (no power) . . . I can send her info if you pm me with your "email address" . . . I will not be able to send it with out an email address . . . HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%