Monkey Cake Help!!!!

Decorating By lillykaci1 Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 12:36pm by lillykaci1

lillykaci1 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 5

OMG I need help!!! I was going to try to make the stand up 3D teddy bear pan into a monkey!!! I thank god tried to make it first and I don't know why my cake's bottom didn't bake!!!!! When I set it to cool and took off the clips and the cover his bottom was not there!!! And I don't know what would make it do that cuz it's never done that before......Ok so not only that but does anyone have any idea how to make the 3D bear into a monkey.....my idea was like cookie or cupcake ears but what about the nose or the tail....and longer arms...I have no ideas PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! It's for my daughters 3rd birthday on the 21st of this month!!!!! HELP!!!!

4 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 5

There is a 3D monkey cake in my photos. I didn't use the bear pan to make it, though, I used two 3" tall 8" round pans, and the Wilton sports ball pan. Here are some in-progress pictures of it in case that helps you:
http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Monkey_see.html

Deanna

7yyrt Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 5

If you mean the cake didn't fill the space, you may have gotten an old mix or some old baking powder/soda.

7yyrt Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 5

If you mean the cake didn't fill the space, you may have gotten an old mix or some old baking powder/soda.
Or you may just need to fill the pan further.

lillykaci1 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you both so much. I'm going to try again and as a safe fall I went out and bought the monkey cake pan. (broke down and bought) This was just too important to her for me not to have a monkey cake for her!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%