Baby Shower Cake Ideas

Decorating By mexemx Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm by Teena_Marie

mexemx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mexemx Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I'm going to host a baby shower for a very good friend in about a month, she is a florist, so the theme will be flowers, flowers, flowers.

She is very detail oriented and a perfectionist, so I want everything to be beautiful and nice.

I already got a wonderful centerpiece that is a flower bouquet of baby clothes that I found at www.swankyblooms.com and the gifts are baby clothes bouquets as well, but for the cake I need to make an impressive flower arrangement and I have no idea where to start.

If you have any ideas it will be truly appreciated, I also want to bake some cupcakes to look like flowers and put them in decorated boxes as favors, but have not been able to find nice boxes other than the wiltons. any ideas?

thank you!

7 replies
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 8

Saw these cupcakes while browsing the web, I think they are beautiful and well suited to your theme.

http://www.baby-shower-guide.com/fondant-baby-shower-cupcake.html

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:25am
post #3 of 8

Hi and welcome to CC!

Are you planning to make the flowers yourself or are you going to use real or silk flowers? If you are making them yourself will you be using BC, RI, fondant and or gum paste?

There are also lots of photos here on CC that you could get some inspirations from. If you go to the galleries tab and then click on search and put in your search criteria you may get some ideas. Alternately you could also look under the flowers or baby shower links.

HTH!
icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 6:37am
post #4 of 8

Sorry, I missed one of your questions:

I just googled it and these are just some that came up:

www.brpboxshop.com
sophiesfavors.com/boxes_3x3x3.html
www.efavormart.com/3x3x3favorbox-100pc.aspx
www.surfasonline.com/index.cfm

maybe even papermart.com

At least it's a start!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 7:14am
post #5 of 8

Teena..........that baby in the rose is incredibly cute. Good choice.

Teena_Marie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks! My aunt used to own her own flower shop, so i practically grew up there ever summer and i fell in love with those rose cupcakes when i saw them. could even mix it up and do other type of flowers too to create a floral bouquet of babies if your up to the challenge/

mexemx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mexemx Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 8

thank you for the ideas, those cupcakes are beautiful.. do you sell them?

And I also got some really nice favors from the same store www.swankyblooms.com little baby sock bouquets and washcloth bouquets to decorate cupcake boxes.

If you have any other idea, I would love to hear it!
thanks again.

Teena_Marie Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm
post #8 of 8

The cupcakes arent mine, I found them when i was browsing the web one day and fell in love with them. Thats the link i found them on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%