At A Loss For Ideas... Please Help!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 2:55pm by lkoenig07

lkoenig07 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 6

So my husband's birthday is in a couple weeks. I was going to make him a cake with the USMC emblem on it, but I tried it out on a FBCT and the design is so detailed it's ridiculous. So I'm pretty much at a loss for ideas for his cake. Anyone have anything??? Please?!

5 replies
Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 6

how about doing the USMC car emblem? It would be much easier since it is the silhouette, then you could do his name or whatever on that. i found an image of it here

Ninabeth19 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 6

I actually just did a cake with the USMC emblem on it for my dad. I used white chocolate for a white chocolate transfer. I "skipped" alot of the finer details and you can't even tell on the final product. I posted a "how to" on my blog. You can kinda see which of the details I decided to skip. PM if you need more help.

mixinvixen Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:26am
post #4 of 6

marines are pretty picky about that husband was in the marines for 4 yrs many years back and still does that whole "hoora" thing..makes me jump out of my skin everytime! icon_eek.gif

i haven't actually used it yet, but i bought a plastic mold of the marine corp logo...about 3 or 4 inches tall, i'd guess. it was only $2.50 or so, totally affordable, so if you have a cake shop near you, i'd highly recommend doing that. it's a simple as melting your chocolate (i recommed wilton melts so you don't have to worry about tempering), pour/brush into mold, knock it a couple of times and let chill, then pop it out and put it on top of the cake.

good luck!

tmt Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 12:33am
post #5 of 6

have this one saved to my favs:

its a stunning cake by "tye"

lkoenig07 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 6

Ninabeth, where did you get your picture for your transfer? My main problem is that I'm having trouble finding one big enough because it is so detailed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%