Cherry Blossoms

Decorating By Mandica12182 Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 11:47am by Mandica12182

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 8

what type of cutter/viener set do you all use to make Cherry blossoms?? Whats most commonly used?? I have a cake at the end of the month and I think that's the flower they want on it.

Here's an example of what they want the cake to look like and i can't figure out how to make the flowers...I can guess but you all are more educated for that guess than I.

7 replies
HannahLass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahLass Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 8

Having a look at the cake (im not an expert by any means) maybe a 5 petal cutter and frill the edges? There is possibly a cutter I'm not sure someone else probably knows better but I'd have a go with that. hanX

Mandica12182 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks...that's what I was planning on using, just wondering if there were any special instructions on cherry blossoms.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 8

Not really any special instructions.
If you have a very fine veiner you could press it on the petals but they will look good w/o too.
This flower is not very ruffley - just a slight pass on the petal edge to give them life & thin is all you need.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 8

i've seen that cutter in sugarart (link here on cc) and it's in the gumpaste/flowers section-it's called dogwood (i think, i'm pretty sure) but most cherry blossoms i've seen use those fondant 5petal (those nesting ones, i use the smallest-or the ejector kind would work too... oh i want one of those!) i use my small ball tool and the thick pink sponge and first thin out the petals, just press lightly and then cup the middle around the ball to give it a blossom look (?) hope that help-there's a pic in my photos, the blue cake icon_smile.gif

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 8

I made some cherry blossoms the Toba Garrett way. Mine is in my pics with the pink cherry blossoms and the painted fondant. I don't remember using a cutter, just the mexican hat method and pulling/thinning on the sponge. I wish I had used the cutter. Didn't think about it.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:14am
post #7 of 8

http://www.cakesbydesign.cc/cakes_by_design.html

This Website should help with what your looking for. Scott Clark Woolley's Cutters and veiners are listed and easy to find what you need.

Mandica12182 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:47am
post #8 of 8

I think I'll just use the cutters from my rose kit...and modify them a little. I am thinking thats the best thing to do...that way I don't have to buy something else for this cake...just use what I have. They want a white cake with white cherry blossoms with blood red petal dust on the edges and I am thinking of doing red centers in the flowers too...they don't want the whole flower red like this pic. At least that's what they said at our tasting. I cannot get the bride to answer my e-mails....oh well maybe if she doesn't pay me by this Saturday I won't have to deal with it at all!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%