Entering 1St Contest, Help For Me Please!!!

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm by kakeladi

SugarBakerz Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 3

I am going to do it, enter my 1st contest. I will be entering into the Peanut Festival, I live in the land of peanuts... SE Alabama... my idea is based on peanuts.. I would like to do a silver bucket (metal looking) with peanuts flowing out and then laying on the sides of the board. The peanuts will actually be chocolate molds... I need help executing the bucket look. I can use cake or foam core... I am thinking foam core so I can work and re work but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas. I want it to be peanut related, so any ideas you have would be GREAT... thanks so much, I have 6 weeks!!!!

2 replies
deeb173 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 3

Your idea sounds great. The only thing I thought of would be maybe making a few of them look maybe like the planters peanut guy and have him trying to get some of the peanuts in the bucket or leading them to escape.

kakeladi Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 3

You mention using foamcore to form the bucket....I think you mean styrofoam.
foamcore is a thin piece of styrofoam w/a piece of bristolboard on each side.
Styro is what most people use for cake 'dummies'.
You can buy ready made pieces or buy a sheet & cut it yourself (a very! messy job).

For a bucket look get rounds of foam 1" different in size...ie" 4,5,6,7,&8. Stack them w/the smallest on the bottom then ice as one unit. It usually comes in 1" or 2" thicknesses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%